Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelenWhite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Combination Boiler - No water coming out of hot tap.
    Good morning,

We've just had a leak in the mains pipe that supplies water to our property. It has been fixed although the water pressure is quite low at the minute (water supply came back 'on' about half an hour ago). My problem now is that although I can get cold water - even though it's not much more than a trickle - I can't get hot.

Now, I'm not really clued up when it comes to boilers! I know we have a combi boiler, which I understand takes in cold water. However, when I turn on the hot tap, I get nothing, not even a trickle. I undertand that the boiler needs adequate pressure to work. Am I being impatient - do I need to wait until my cold water pressure is back to normal before I can get hot? Or is it something more sinister that I need to get a plumber out to?

Any thoughts/suggestions/solutions will be greatly accepted!

Thanks,
    Helen. :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 24, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Good morning Helen,
    It sounds to me that the utility company let some dirt get in the line whe3re it's now clogging the water lines. Call the company and comp0lain. See if they won't send a man out to flush your lines out since they made the problem in the first place. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Hot Water Boiler [ 2 Answers ]

Hi first time user on this sight I hope this question makes sense. Can anyone tell me what is happening with my hot water boiler? Recently it seems that our thermostat has no control over the amount of heat that goes through our hot water heating pipes. I replaced the thermostat, but does not seem...

Baxi combination boiler [ 1 Answers ]

The flow of hot water has reduced and the water is very hot the cold water flow has not been affected what could the problem be

Water Hammer on Hot water loop of Steam Boiler System [ 3 Answers ]

We have a steam boiler that provides steam for most of the house but also has a hot water loop for the additions. We have been getting a lot of water hammer and it sounds as if it is coming from the area where the first hot water radiator starts (ie it is from the hot water loop). Does anyone...

Burner not coming on the boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weil-McLain CG-Series Bolier and the burners are not coming on. The pilot is and thermostat is asking for heat but the Burners are not coming on. The Damper opens and closed normally. I noticed that the Relay is getting Hot to the touch. Would that indicate a Relay burnng out or the...

View more questions Search