Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swimfin Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 09:31 PM
    What does my dream mean?
    Hey guys,

So last night I had a very emotionally charged dream, to the point that I was crying in my dream as well as in reality.

In the dream I was at my "best friend's" house. The house had many levels and I could sense that there were many windows, but I did not see them and I knew it was late at night because it was very dark and the house had a few lights on but they barely created a glow throughout the house. I was at her house because she was having a birthday party with me and a bunch of people from school we both knew, but I was never really close to them; they were more acquaintances for me and very good friends for her. In some rooms there were tons of food (that no one ate).

During the party there was a scavenger hunt so hidden around the house were tons of clues pointing out the location of the next clue.

Now, the "best friend" and I had a huge argument back in December where she attacked my character and who I was; then to slap me in the face she told me she did not want to be around me anymore because all of her friends (who I thought were mine too) hated having me around and she chose to be with them. We had been the best of friends for five years (the longest friendship I have ever had) and she was like a sister to me. Since then we have not spoken.

Anyway in the dream I was having feelings of being the outcast. Everyone else at the party was running around following my "friend" as they ran from one clue to the next and I was on another "team" (by myself) trying to beat them to the next clue. I was always one step behind my "friend" and she read each clue aloud. Every clue said something that was very hurtful to me and they were making fun of me and laughing at me while I tried to force a smile and go along with it as if the words did not hurt me.

Towards the end of the dream I found myself outside in the dark on what I felt was the driveway area. By this time I just broke down and started crying. Everyone else was gathered around my "friend" still cracking jokes at my expense. Then a guy, Chris (who I had feelings for and hooked up with last week) appears and comes to my rescue, sort of. He is on his phone texting or something, barely saying a word to me and right next to him appears the guy, Ippy, who I currently am trying to figure out if I have feelings for. Ippy saves me and drives me away from the house where everyone was tormenting me. From the time he appears until I wake up he is being very gentle, kind, caring and just generally worried about me and wanting to make me feel better. I was still crying in the car with Ippy, hurt by what had happened and filled with relief and happiness (I guess) that someone was worried about me.

:confused: Should I take this dream virtually at face value? What does the situation with the boys mean for me? And why is my dream centered around this old "friend" of mine tormenting me?:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 05:47 AM
    It sounds to me like the dream means that you are unsure of your social skills and you should 'look up to' your (ex) friend for answers. Maybe try and patch things up with your friend at least enough so you are not on bad terms. Discuss what it is about your character that gets her mad and maybe it will help understand how others see you better and save a friendship
    You feel your friend Ippy is the most comfortable/reliable friend you have right now.
    pnkster Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jul 24, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Hey pray this and ull get what u want in time May the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised, adored and glorified throughout the whole world now and forever.
    Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for me. St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, pray for me. St. Jude, Patron of Hopeless Cases, pray for me and grant this
    Favor I ask.
    (Say this prayer 9 times a day and for 9 consecutive days and publish on or after the ninth day.)
    Your request will be granted

PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
    Holy Spirit, You who makes me see everything and who shows me the way to reach my ideal, You who gives me the divine gift to forgive and forget the wrong that is done to me and You who are in all instances of my life with me, I, in this short dialogue, want to thank You for everything and confirm once more that I never want to be separated from You no matter how great material desires may be, I want to be with You and my loved ones in perpetual glory. Amen. Thank You for your love towards me and my loved ones.
    A person must pray this prayer 3 consecutive days without asking your wish. After the third day your wish will be granted no matter how difficult it may seem. Then promise to publish this dialogue as soon as your favor has been granted.

A PRAYER TO ST. JUDE
    May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world now and forever.
    Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us. St. Jude, Helper of the Hopeless, pray for us.
    Say this prayer nine times a day and your prayer will be answered. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jul 25, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Tricky dream. It can be hard sometimes to decide whether to focus on the psychological interpretation of a dream or the psychic one. In a psychological dream, the dream is inside your head, revealing things about what's going on in your mind. In a psychic or shamanic dream, you are travelling in spirit into a dream world not inside you, but having an existence out there in the universe that may be as real as this waking world. Though even in a psychic dream, your brain still has to interpret the experience for you with symbols and images that make sense to you.

My sense is that this dream is primarily psychological, a way of your brain trying to help you process the strong feelings you have around your friend who betrayed you. (I'm a little confused--if I'm reading you right, the part of your post in italics, about what happened last December, describes something in the waking world, not part of the dream?) Anyway, houses and buildings in dreams often represent the mind. You weren't in your own house, so you didn't feel like you were on your own "turf," within your own place of power and confidence. The house was dark, lack of knowledge. Lots of hidden windows--ways other people can enter your world without your control. You were hunting for things--memories?--but it was only a scavenger hunt, so the things may not have been valuable treasures. It was a game, which suggests trickery. The boys you met at the end acted in ambiguous ways--are they there to help you or not? Very understandably, you don't know whether you can count on them.

Friendships and relationships are a roller coaster of feelings for everyone. All you can do is remember that things get clearer with time, and your worth as a person doesn't depend on someone else's approval. If you be yourself, there might be some people who don't like you, but some will, and so you end up with the friends who like you for who you really are.

Do you often dream so vividly? You might find it helpful to practice lucid dreaming. It's not a hard skill to learn for someone with such good dream recall. When you realize in the middle of a dream that you are dreaming, then you can take control. For example, you can turn on the lights if the house is dark. Taking charge of your reality in your dreams can help you develop confidence and learn how to do this in the waking world, too.

Blessings,

Alder
    edlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Wat does it mean when i dream that my husband is death?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why did I dream this horrible dream? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know whether I should've posted this under philosophy, but I couldn't find anything closer to the subject "dreams". Anyway... Last night, I had a horrible dream and I don't know why. I dreamed this tall, skinny white man was chasing me trying to kill me. My dream jumped from 3 different...

A dream! [ 4 Answers ]

I had a dream last night about this guy I like in real life. In the dream I was at his house And I was at the table and he served me a piece of toast. In real life I had a misunderstanding with this guy. I was thinking about trying to work things out with him by trying to contact him...

Need help with a Dream. [ 11 Answers ]

Sorry I forgot to mention that I posted two dreams within one post.. I do keep a dream log, and I only write down dreams that I think need interepting, these are the main two I really do need some help on.. No one else has been able to give me any insight on either of the two and what...

View more questions Search