Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rift Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Convert jpg to word or pdf using IrfanView
    How can I convert a jpg file in to a word or pdf file using InfranView software?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do here.
    Microsoft Word will import jpg files directly (Insert->Picture->From File), so there is no need to even involve (the awesome) Irfanview.
    (Please consider sending a little cash to Irfan--he is a really neat guy in Bosnia, and a great programmer.)

Once the image is in Word, you can save it in .doc format, or by installing a virtual printer, such as PDFCreator you can "print" the file (from either Word or Irfanview) as a pdf.
    Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 06:04 PM
    1. Install PrimoPDF, a printer driver you can use from within ANY program:
      Free PDF Creator - Convert to PDF from Any File You Can Print - PrimoPDF
    2. Open your picture in IrfanView
    3. File > Print
    4. Select PrimoPDF from the Printer options at the top
    5. Print!

Side effect of this is you now have the ability to create a PDF from any program, since it's a printer driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old typewriter Document - Convert to Word [ 2 Answers ]

My professor has this dissertation from 1965 that he want me to transfer into a word-searchable document. However, since it is produced by an old-school typewriter, there have been some difficulties in having it correctly transferred directly to word due the font. Any suggestions?

Convert Excel workbook to Word [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Excel workbook that I would like to convert to Word. The Excel workbook has multiple tabs and I would like the workbook to be converted to a word doc. The key is that the word doc be able to be edited. When I copy the area of the tabs in Excel and paste into Word as HTML Format, it pastes...

Convert word doc to PDF [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to convert a word document (Microsoft word 2003) through my pdf maker (adobe acrobat 7.0 Professional). When I open the pdf document, the font size seems larger and the pages are breaking where they shouldn't be. What am I doing wrong?

Convert word doc to pdf [ 3 Answers ]

I have converted a word document creating in a customsize of 6 X 9" to pdf using pdf maker. When I open my pdf document the page breaks are not the same as my word document. I have changed the page size in the pdf conversion settings and this doesn't seem to help. How can I get my pdf document...

Convert pdf to txt or word [ 2 Answers ]

I have a web page I need to cut-paste into a discussion format. It is in .pdf format The page is 95%words (text), with just a small cartoon at the top which is unnecessary. I was at a computer at a college, and was able to save the page on a 3-1/2 floppy (in pdf format, of course. You cannot...

View more questions Search