Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 23, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Obama did it again
    Obama just moved the capitol of Israel to Jerusalem.
    Odd, how the President is a bumbling cowboy and McCain is a stupid old man, when it is Obama who keeps on showcasing his own lack of knowledge.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 23, 2008, 03:47 PM
    And you are perfect and without any mistakes, I presume??

Why don't you openly state that you support the Republican Party candidate, and stop trying to stir here??

:D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Yeah talk about dumbing down America
    Dumb and dumber to the rescue!
    If these two are the best we can do then I think we have a weak bleak future!
    And [we] thought the Bush/Kerry was a bad choice
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Gee Cred I thought you would enjoy the chance to say that goes to show you how messed up America is!
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 23, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Gee, Cred, did you know the capitol of Israel is not Jerusalem? Any high school student can tell you that. If this was the first example of Obama's lack of knowledge, we might let it go, but this is getting real regular.
    -

Jul 23, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Gee Cred I thought you would enjoy the chance to say that goes to show you how messed up America is!
    That the US is messed up has nothing to do with the topic statement here.
    Posts like this one can be missed like haemorrhoids...

:D
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:07 PM
    So it is 'normal' for somebody that is running for President to not even know some basics like how many states they are going to be President of and what the Capitals are or their geography. Makes me feel like I would rather have a 9th grader in charge.
    -

Jul 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Gee, Cred, did you know the capitol of Israel is not Jerusalem? Any high school student can tell you that. If this was the first example of Obama's lack of knowlege, we might let it go, but this is getting real regular.
    :D LOL :D LOL :D LOL :D : in general US students can't even find Europe or Africa on the globe... Hoe would they even know where to find the individual countries of the Middle East on the globe ? And what their capital cities are ?

:rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    :D LOL :D LOL :D LOL :D : in general US students can't even find Europe or Africa on the globe .... Hoe would they even know where to find the individual countries of the Middle East on the globe ? And what their capital cities are ?

So that is an excuse for his uneducated self??
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    :D LOL :D LOL :D LOL :D : in general US students can't even find Europe or Africa on the globe .... Hoe would they even know where to find the individual countries of the Middle East on the globe ? And what their capital cities are ?

If that is best you can do to explain this candidate's blunder, it is lame to say the least.

You prefer to compare him to US high school students?

I guess in some ways, it is an accurate comparison, since much of what he believes and says sounds like it is coming from an uneducated high school freshman.

Funny, we do agree on something huh?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:21 PM
    See the posting below and how CNN and the nutroots at MSLSD are gleeful over a McCain gaffe that wasn't.

Obama's gaffe of the day

“Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee - which is my committee - a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon,”
    \

Of course the truth is that Obama isn't even a member of the committee . The truth is that the only sub-committee he chairs, the one that has NATO's operation in Afghanistan as one of it's big concerns... has not held a single hearing on Afghanistan since he got the chairmanship.
    -

Jul 23, 2008, 04:35 PM
    In November I will PM you all, congratulating you with your new Democratic President, Mr. Obama ! And whatever you post here will not change that...

As to the Capital of Israel : that is Jerusalem, although international recognition of its capital status has largely been withheld.

The Jerusalem Law states that "Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel" and the city serves as the seat of the government, home to the President's residence, government offices, supreme court, and parliament.
    The United Nations and most countries do not accept the Jerusalem Law (see Kellerman 1993, p. 140) and maintain their embassies in other cities such as Tel Aviv, Ramat Gan, and Herzliya (see the CIA Factbook and Map of Israel) The Palestinian Authority sees East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state and the city's final status awaits future negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority (see "Negotiating Jerusalem", University of Maryland).

Jerusalem is the Capital City as far as Israel is concerned. And nobody else has anything to say about that decision but the Israeli ! So what if the US maintains its Embassy in Tel Aviv?

How wonderful that so many here suddenly agree with the UN view, because it suits them in their attack on Obama, but shun the UN views as if it is the plague when that suits them too. On this same board.

That attitude has a name : it is called HYPOCRISY!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jul 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Obama just moved the capitol of Israel to Jerusalem.
    Odd, how the President is a bumbling cowboy and McCain is a stupid old man, when it is Obama who keeps on showcasing his own lack of knowlege.
    Yes, and speaking of lack of knowledge on his part, to top it off take a look at this!

Michelle Malkin on Barack Obama on National Review Online

http://justsaynodeal.com/

Hillary Grassroots Campaign

And for ALL Obamanots:

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

Welcome to WriteHillaryIn.com
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 23, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Galveston, it's much more complicated than that. If Obama's guilty of anything, it's making you aware of issues that you're otherwise ignorant of. Jerusalem is considered the eternal capital by many of various faiths and the Capital of Israel by Israeli law, Zionists, and the tourism bureau. Also understand that some want Jerusalem to be a divided capital. However technically Tel Aviv still holds offices to many consulates and because of the United Nations making things ever so difficult on the international front, it is therefore a controversy that Obama wants to mend. In fact the U.S. Embassy is located in Tel Aviv.

"The non-binding United Nations Security Council Resolution 478, passed on August 20, 1980, declared that the Basic Law was "null and void and must be rescinded forthwith." Member states were advised to withdraw their diplomatic representation from the city as a punitive measure. Most of the remaining countries with embassies in Jerusalem complied with the resolution by relocating them to Tel Aviv, where many embassies already resided prior to Resolution 478. Currently there are no embassies located within the city limits of Jerusalem, although there are embassies in Mevaseret Zion, on the outskirts of Jerusalem, and four consulates in the city itself. In 1995, the United States Congress had planned to move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem with the passage of the Jerusalem Embassy Act. However, U.S. presidents, including President Bush and President Clinton, have argued that Congressional resolutions regarding the status of Jerusalem are merely advisory. The Constitution reserves foreign relations as an executive power, and as such, the US embassy is still in Tel Aviv. Israel's most prominent governmental institutions, including the Knesset, the Supreme Court, and the official residences of the President and Prime Minister, are located in Jerusalem.""

Source and further information:
    Jerusalem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now Obama said Jerusalem "will be" the capital because he wants everyone (albeit wishful thinking IMHO) on the same page including the UN and have Jerusalem recognized by everyone worldwide that it is the Capital.

The Associated Press: Obama tells Israel he's committed to its security

"Obama tells Israel he's committed to its security

By DAVID ESPO

SDEROT, Israel (AP) — From the solemnity of a Holocaust museum to a dusty village battered by Hamas rockets, Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama on Wednesday professed "an unshakable commitment to the security" of Israel, whether the threat comes from terrorists, Iran or elsewhere.

"The way you know where somebody's going is where have they been. And I've been with Israel for many, many years now," he said on a day that bore striking similarities to campaigning in the United States.

In his public remarks, Obama sidestepped a question of whether he would condone an Israeli attack to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. But he said he was confident that in several private meetings he had not left Israeli politicians with the impression that, if elected president, he would be "pressuring them to accept any kinds of concessions that would put their security at stake."

Obama packed more than a half-dozen meetings, a stop at the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial, a helicopter tour of the country and a visit to a house hit by Hamas rockets into his only full day in Israel during his trip to the Middle East and Europe.

He also rode past an Israeli checkpoint into Ramallah on the West Bank, where he assured Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas of his support for a two-state resolution of the region's long animosities. Later, entering a session with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, Obama said his talks with Abbas indicated "there's a strong sense of progress being made" toward peace. Olmert nodded and said, "Indeed."

Obama's major focus was clearly reassuring Israelis — and by extension millions of Jewish voters in the United States — of his commitment to the survival of the Jewish state. He leads his Republican rival, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, among Jewish voters, but his support falls short of what Democrat John Kerry drew four years ago.

Obama said Israelis could be certain of his commitment to Israel's security by looking at "my deeds."

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment from Iran, as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon," he said.

However, Obama does not serve on the banking committee, and McCain's campaign seized on the mistake.

"Not only is it not his committee, but he's not even on the committee, he didn't vote on the bill, and he had nothing to do with its passage," McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds said in a statement issued Wednesday.

Obama's trip is financed by his presidential campaign, and he flew to Israel from Jordan on Tuesday night about his chartered Boeing 757 emblazoned with his trademark slogan, "Change We Can Believe In."

If his campaign aides were looking for memorable images during the day, they got them, from Obama donning a skullcap at the Holocaust memorial, to President Shimon Peres saying, "God Bless You" outside his official residence, to a stop at a house under reconstruction in Sderot where he saw firsthand the destruction caused by Hamas rockets.

"People are committed," he said, making a fist and thumping his chest three times.

Shielded by intense U.S. and Israeli security, he then traveled a short distance to the local police station. There, Defense Minister Ehud Barak, Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni and local officials showed him racks filled with debris from Hamas rockets that have landed in Sderot in the past seven years. In 2005 Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip a mile away.

The same racks formed a made-for-television backdrop for a news conference attended not only by U.S. reporters, but also Israelis whose satellite trucks jammed the parking lot across the street.

Eli Moyal, the local mayor, gave Obama a souvenir T-shirt — merely the latest he has received since he began running for president — and the senator also came away with a gift of a piece of rocket as artwork, attached to a wooden plaque.

Gaza Hamas official Fawzi Barhoum had a less-favorable response to Obama's visit to Sderot:

"Hamas considers the remarks of the Democratic candidate today to be part of the American policy of bias towards Israel and giving legitimacy to Israeli crimes against our people. His remarks today give cover for the occupation's nonstop crimes against our people."

The subject of Tehran's presumed drive to gain a nuclear weapon — and the threat that would pose to Israel — was a recurrent theme throughout the day.

The American presidential candidate said, "Iranians need to understand that whether it's the Bush administration or an Obama administration, that this is a paramount concern to the United States."

He said he favors both "big sticks and carrots" to persuade Iranians to switch course.

"What I have also said, though, is that I will take no options off the table in dealing with this potential Iranian threat. And understand part of my reasoning here.

"A nuclear Iran would be a game-changing situation, not just in the Middle East but around the world. Whatever remains of our nuclear nonproliferation framework, I think, would begin to disintegrate. You would have countries in the Middle East who would see the potential need to also obtain nuclear weapons."

At his news conference, Obama brushed aside a question of whether he had backed off his statement this spring that Jerusalem should be the undivided capital of Israel. Palestinians also lay claim to the city as the capital for any state they establish as the result of peace talks, and the two sides have agreed that the final decision is to be negotiated.

Criticized by Abbas after he made that comment, Obama subsequently amended it. "Well, obviously, it's going to be up to the parties to negotiate a range of these issues. And Jerusalem will be part of those negotiations," he said. He added that "as a practical matter, it would be very difficult to execute" a division of the city.

Abbas issued a statement saying he and Obama had not discussed the issue in their hour together.

Asked by an Israeli reporter about the matter, Obama said, "I continued to say that Jerusalem will be the capital of Israel. And I have said that before and I will say it again. And I also have said that it is important that we don't simply slice the city in half. But I've also said that that's a final status issue."

Obama departs on Thursday for Germany, where he is scheduled to deliver an outdoor speech before a large crowd. He also has stops planned for France and England before flying back to the United States on Saturday.
    "
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 02:13 AM
    Obama departs on Thursday for Germany, where he is scheduled to deliver an outdoor speech before a large crowd.

In front of a Prussian column of military conquest... great symbolism!!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    The truth is that the only sub-committee he chairs, the one that has NATO's operation in Afghanistan as one of it's big concerns .......has not held a single hearing on Afghanistan since he got the chairmanship.
    How could he? He was busy trying to finish his waffle.

Jul 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Tom, you and Steve resorting to the scorched earth campaign a bit early? I'm trying to educate Galveston on Israel's dynamics and suddenly you're talking about Germany and waffles? Wonder why these posts can't be taken seriously. Do you wonder why? I know why. We are land of patriotic nitwits. No! Not intelligently patriotic. Patriotic nitwits.

List of countries by literacy rate
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Tom, you and Steve resorting to the scorched earth campaign a bit early? I'm trying to educate Galveston on Israel's dynamics and suddenly you're talking about Germany and waffles?! Wonder why these posts can't be taken seriously. Do you wonder why? I know why. We are land of patriotic nitwits. No! Not intelligently patriotic. Patriotic nitwits.

List of countries by literacy rate
    LOL, I'm quite literate thank you. I also have a sense of humor :D

Jul 24, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Literate? Are you sure? I wasn't questioning your humor. There's an old saying,"too many clowns spoil a circus!" :)

I'm jesting and I have to communicate this way, otherwise some of you just don't get it. Wearing that American label has become problematic. We are populated with stubborn, regressive, closed minded, naïve sheep and don't think for a moment the international community doesn't recognize us for such. But nobody seems to care. As usual, politics as usual is dumbing down into a rock throwing contest to amuse our idiots.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Yeah I'm going to bow to the alter of the opinion of the international community. Maybe I'll go to Germany and prostrate in front of a couple hundred thousand ,drunk on free beer, Germans... and give my mea culpa about how the United States has not lived up to their standards. Grave yards in Europe are full of Americans who sacrificed all to clean up the mess the Germans created but we have to apologize to them. If that makes me a stubborn, regressive, closed minded, naïve sheep then so be it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHY does Obama say uh so much [ 42 Answers ]

Obama Says "Uhh" 144 Times in Eleven Minutes during Press Conference - Video Link 6/16/08 His past uh, uh, um, uh's were nothing compared to lately. ... and to think how Bush was criticized for not being a good speaker! Anyway I was listening to the radio today and they said he said uh...

The next president Obama [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys what do you think about Obama being the next president? Do you think he's the Anti Christ? The Bible does talk about Israel being wiped of the map! :eek:

Why Didn't Obama Tell Us This Before? [ 11 Answers ]

Now, this news article IS truly revealing and speaks volumes about Obama! Obamaites, here, take a good look at your superhero and read all about it! Why hadn't Obama revealed this little gem of a conversation he had with Wright, umm? Why did Wright bring it out finally at this time? What do you...

About Obama - Interesting! [ 1 Answers ]

Flip-flopping along! Political Radar: Obama's Bracket: The Politics of Nope

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

View more questions Search