Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShanMom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 03:15 PM
    5 1/2 weeks pregnant HCG level 14,000 Is that Normal?
    I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and had and HCG test that came out at 14,000. I saw this is a little higher than normal but not out of control. Any thoughts?
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Jul 23, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Are you sick on your stomach?
    ShanMom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 04:07 PM
    I have not had an ounce of morning sickness, but my mom said she did not with any of us either. My friend is on her second and has never had a day of sickness with either of them.

Twins run in my family and his and that would so awesome but I am more worried about the fact I am 37 and this is my first. My biggest fear is all this talk about Molar pregnancies and Down Syndrome. I trust God has designed a perfect child...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Here are the normal HCG levels

The normal hCG level for non-pregnant women is less than 5mlU/ml.

Here is the scale

Less than 1 week pregnant = 5-50
    2 weeks = 50 - 500
    3 weeks 100 - 10,000
    4 weeks 1,000 - 30,000
    5 weeks 3,500 - 115,000
    6 - 8 weeks 12,000 - 270,000
    12 weeks 15,000 - 220,000

So, it seems that your levels fall within the normal range.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 weeks late,normal cycle,2 negative test! [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 yrs old, my fiancée and I really have been trying for a baby. Right now, I am 3 weeks late. My periods usually are on time or 3-4 days late at the most. I have had 2 negative home pregnancy tests. 1 when I was a week late and 1 at 2 weeks late.I don't have many symptoms, I had bloating big...

3 weeks late,normal cycle,2 negative test! [ 3 Answers ]

I am 25 yrs old, my fiancée and I really have been trying for a baby. I was pregnant 9 months ago but miscarried. I am 3 weeks late. My periods usually are on time or 3-4 weeks late. I have been pregnant before and those were the only times I have missed. I have never carried a baby all the way...

Proper way to get water level back to normal in comode? [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings. I had to replace the flush lever and few other small internal parts of our comode. The water level is well below normal and I cannot get it right! Help! I am afraid that with the minimal amount of water being used (not a high pressure comode) I will end up with a horrible back-up....

7 weeks pregnant and uterus is larger then normal! [ 8 Answers ]

I went to the Dr this morning for my first check up since I found out that I am pregnant. The Dr did NOT do an ultrasound but she felt my uterus with her hands and said it is larger then it should be. She said that it could be because this is my second pregnancy (my 1st was 6 years ago!) or that...

Toilet Bowl Water level below normal [ 2 Answers ]

In the last few days our toilet bowl water level has dropped to 1/3 of the normal level. When flushed water stay at old level and with in few seconds it drops to 1/3. There is no water leaking on the floor. Any idea what is the problem:confused:

View more questions Search