Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Jul 23, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I believe Christ died for the ungodly
    I believe He was raised again for our justification. I believe I am justified. Or you could say it as just as if I’d never sinned. I know many do not share my belief. And many think Christians are supposed to be perfect all the time. The Bible, the Word of God, does say ‘be perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect’, but that was not telling us that our actions must always be perfect. If we could be perfect according to the world’s idea of the word, we would not have needed Jesus to die for us and to continually make intercessions for us.

When the truth gets to close to home, some people just run and hide, or in one case close the thread. If you cannot handle the truth, answer the hard questions, or take a defeat gracefully, then your only option left is to hide your face in:o.

To say someone is asinine is not calling someone a name, it an adjective, a descriptive word for those who talk foolishly, use repetitive statement and contradict themselves. It includes those who will twist another person’s words and make fun of someone’s spelling instead of answering the post with an intelligent response. It includes someone who avoids hard questions by making excuses, using childish tactics to ignore the post altogether. A name is a noun; a noun is the name of a person, place or thing. Charles, house, Georgia...

If one cannot take defeat gracefully, then one should not begin a battle of words, or come to an intelligent debate unarmed.

Is there only one truth? Everyone is different, with different ideas, opinions, beliefs and views. That is what makes us each unique. God likes an assortment of people, animals and trees. If we are not allowed to express ourselves according to our own personalities then what is the point of these board?

I know some take these things quite seriously, while others like to have a bit of fun. I suppose the staunch personalities cannot accept the feisty ones or appreciate their sense of humor. However, is that a reason to ignore them? I was under the impression that this was place to share opinions, debate and learn from each other.

Part of the motive for coming to these boards, at least for some, is to have some fun, get to know others who share similar opinions and debate and tease those who do not.

This is just my opinion, but to close a thread in the face of complete and total defeat is cowardly and childish. However, if anyone has a different opinion, please feel free to share.

One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God.

If someone does not believe in salvation, that does not make it untrue. Just as believing in salvation does not make it true. And if neither can be proven then how is one to decide what to believe?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Some of those threads do get too ridiculously repetitious. What is the point in keeping them open when they are going no where but circles? Anyway they start all over in the next thread anyway.
    I will point out double standards and cop outs when I do see them if people want to see that as being mean so be it.

Jul 23, 2008, 04:03 PM
    When you point out the obvious to someone and it makes him or her mad, it only goes to show how immature they are. Some things cannot be proven; it is a matter of faith. If you believe or if you have unbelief, both are faith.

The thing is one day, we will all know for sure, if they are right no problem, if we are right there will be Hell to pay.

Time is on our side, and I believe time is getting short. I hope they can see the 'truth' before it is too late.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Don't know the history here but the d!ck waving is clear and up front... "defeat" being the word that stands out over and over...

Ungh... do I agree with your subject line? Sure, and then some. When my aunt, catholic, left by her husband many years ago, cannot accept the eucharist... or my mother, left by her cheating husband, does the same... I wonder what good the words "Lord, I am not worthy to accept thee, but only say the Word and I shall be healed" mean...

Point is... the truth is this is a public forum that encourages polite discourse, but threads will be closed from time to time when it gets ugly and not in the best interest of the site.

So... get over it. Religious discussions are volatile and often its better to close threads than to let them run rampant. You can disagree... that's fine. Fine another forum.

This site isn't about censorship or about unchecked opinions.

You get to use their resources and bandwidth until its no longer deemed appropriate for the site. If you disagree, you can leave this site or pony up the cash to start your own.

Don't come and bash the owners for trying to keep some middle ground... its generally good business. Get over it or move on. But you don't get to stay and whine.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 23, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsila1777
    I believe He was raised again for our justification. I believe I am justified.
    That is indeed your right to believe...

... The Bible, the Word of God....
    That is what you believe, not a fact !

When the truth gets to close to home, some people just run and hide, or in one case close the thread.
    Babble, unless you specify what "truth" you refer to !

To say someone is asinine is not calling someone a name, it an adjective, a descriptive word for those who talk foolishly, use repetitive statement and contradict themselves. It includes those who will twist another person’s words ...
    That includes you too, I note!!

If one cannot take defeat gracefully, then one should not begin a battle of words, or come to an intelligent debate unarmed.
    But if you know that, why do you keep doing just that?

... God likes an assortment of people, animals and trees.

This is just my opinion, but to close a thread in the face of complete and total defeat is cowardly and childish. However, if anyone has a different opinion, please feel free to share.
    Can you please state to whom you refer here? WHO closed WHAT thread ?

One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God.[

... if neither can be proven then how is one to decide what to believe?
    Good question. What do YOU suggest ?
    I suggest not to (religiously) believe at all !

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jul 24, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    That is indeed your right to believe...

That is what you believe, not a fact ! :eek:

(Sounds like a broken radio :rolleyes: )
    Cred we know these are Beliefs, in the same way you believe in a Big Bang and that the Amoeba is your distant ancestor.(we know this what believe even though you deny it) We do not claim these to be facts. We believe it to be TRUTH. So save yourself the energy because no one here has claimed fact except YOU. So we don't need you to tell us over and over and over and over and over again, something we already know. You just keep repeating yourself and you are starting to sound like a scratched CD. If anyone needs to be reminded of their beliefs its you.

Do I need to remind you of this... :D

Originally Posted by Credendovidis

Of course I have beliefs.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:41 AM
    I was under the impression that he died for everyone?

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I really don't think he had anyone specific in mind, Godly or Un-Godly.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:57 AM
    One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God.
    yea, I don't think so.

Jul 24, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    dont know the history here but the d!ck waving is clear and up front... "defeat" being the word that stands out over and over...

ungh... do i agree with your subject line? sure, and then some. when my aunt, catholic, left by her husband many years ago, cannot accept the eucharist... or my mother, left by her cheating husband, does the same... i wonder what good the words "Lord, I am not worthy to accept thee, but only say the Word and I shall be healed" mean...

point is... the truth is this is a public forum that encourages polite discourse, but threads will be closed from time to time when it gets ugly and not in the best interest of the site.

so.... get over it. religious discussions are volatile and often its better to close threads than to let them run rampant. you can disagree... thats fine. fine another forum.

this site isnt about censorship or about unchecked opinions.

you get to use their resources and bandwidth until its no longer deemed appropriate for the site. if you disagree, you can leave this site or pony up the cash to start your own.

dont come and bash the owners for trying to keep some middle ground... its generally good business. get over it or move on. but you dont get to stay and whine.
    I was not bashing the owners of the site... a particular person... I assumed he closed the site... perhaps I was wrong... I have been wrong before and most likely will be again. I do agree with you about the whining part... that is not what I was doing... I was expressing my opinion... isn't that what you said this was for?

Yes, religious discussions are volatile, and in my opinion futile, but the battle started when someone asked about faith and how one could be so confidence of what they believe. Many were trying to explain…but all the answer we got back was that is what you believe. Well, what else could we be telling him?

However, others came to the site not to answer the original question, but to bash the ones who were trying to help. It did get rather volatile. With certain people making fun of other’s spelling and such, saying nothing of importance or in reference to the post.

The young man wanted a reason to believe again, he did at one time, he wanted examples, but he asked for proof. There is no proof; it is only by faith. Faith can’t be explained only experienced and that by choice.

I'm over it, but as you can see by the post below yours others arenot yet over it, and bringing it to this site. If the owners want to close this one, I would not mind and I could completely understand why they would.

Thanks for you comment I don't quite understand your first line however. The defeat mentioned was a certain person constantly for months perhaps years saying he has no beliefs and finally admitting that he did.

To other ones of us that was his defeat...our responses, which probably did seem mean or even hateful..was actually frivolous and flippant jesting. Some people take these posts much too seriously. They wear their feelings on their sleeves.

The written word cannot always express the actually emotion of its intent. Therefore, it may come across as harsh, when it was only intended to be a jab.

I suppose I should use more restraint in my language and less jesting, since my sense of humor seems course and unrefined in the written word, however, it is accepted with explosions of laughter in person. I do not understand how there could be such a huge difference, but apparently, the tone of voice has a great deal to do with knowing a joke from a critical remark.

I will try to use kinder words, be genteel, and write with more care and sensitivity so as not to hurt anyone tender feelings.

Wado

Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 09:51 AM
    The defeat mentioned was a certain person constantly for months perhaps years saying he has no beliefs and finally admitting that he did.
    It seems that you have a need to be perceived as having beat someone at something. I saw no admission like you said that contradicted his original views. I don't get this. There was no 'defeat' and by using that term it sets up an antagonistic forum - us versus them battle. That shouldn't be the case.

Jul 24, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    That is indeed your right to believe ....

Babble, unless you specify what "truth" you refer to !

That includes you too, I note !!!

But if you know that, why do you keep doing just that ? ? ?

Can you please state to whom you refer here? WHO closed WHAT thread ?

Good question. What do YOU suggest ?
    I suggest not to (religiously) believe at all !

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D
    Osiyo Cred,

do hi tsu "How are you today?"

I hope all is well with you.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings or if any of my remarks seemed harsh or unkind. I ask you to forgive me and I hope we can be civil to each other.

Yes, those are my beliefs... I said so... and you have your beliefs... you said so.

You suggest we not have any religious beliefs, for once, we agree. I do not have religious beliefs, I think I mentioned that before... I have relationship beliefs. I will not bother trying to explain the difference to you, again. It does not really matter if you understand it or not.

I suggest that we accept that we have different beliefs and let it go at that. Will you agree?

I do hope so,

Peace and love,
    Tsila

Jul 24, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    I was under the impression that he died for everyone?

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I really don't think he had anyone specific in mind, Godly or Un-Godly.
    Well, of course He did, who said He didn’t? He had everyone on His mind, He died for everyone who has ever lived and for everyone who will live; He had each one of us in mind while He was on the cross.

If you want to make a big deal about the word ungodly... I was quoting the Word of God, which says 'there is none godly, no not one... " and “Christ died for the ungodly….”

That is why He came to die for the ungodly, which includes everyone; the good, the bad and the ugly.

Which one are you? :) (Just to clarify: this is a joke, not a challenge to battle or mean hateful remark)

T

Jul 24, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    yea, I don't think so.
    I hope all is well with you, dear.

Your unbelief will not stop it. However, you are allowed your unbelief, and I am allowed my belief. The right to express it is also mine.

So I believe every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord to the glory of God.

That is what I believe.

I am not asking you to believe it, just putting it out there, spreading the Word. You decide what you want to believe and I will agree that you have the God given right to believe it.

He said; I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;”

He infers that you also have the right to chose death and cursing. Death does not mean to die, but the spirit of death, which brings the curse.

Only time will tell; then debates will cease, and all will eventually have to agree there is only one truth.

Be blessed, goodness and mercy upon thee, peace and love upon your house.

Tsila
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
    He infers that you also have the right to chose death and cursing.
    Who willfully chooses death and cursing? Have you? I haven't. I believe that religion is a personal matter. No one should be coming to my house trying to convert me, that's wrong and an invasion of privacy.

Jul 24, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    It seems that you have a need to be perceived as having beat someone at something. I saw no admission like you said that contradicted his original views. I don't get this. There was no 'defeat' and by using that term it sets up an antagonistic forum - us versus them battle. That shouldn't be the case.
    As I said in another post, I often come off as being harsh, I am trying to be more mellow, and speak softly to everyone now so as not to hurt anyone’s feelings.

The defeat referred to here, was not my victory... but the fact that Cred finally admitted that he does have beliefs after years of saying he had none. I was simply being jovial with a pal who finally got him to admit he does indeed have beliefs. I did not beat him; she did get him to contradict himself.

Perhaps defeat was a harsh, even inappropriate word, I am sorry. I will try to kinder words in the future.

However, I have felt antagonism from you and others from the time I first said a word here. It does seem as if there are ‘us versus them’ but I did not start it. That battle had been going on for quite some time. I only just found this board some weeks ago.

Cred has declared repeatedly that he has no beliefs, and then he stared emphatically that he does ‘of course I have beliefs’. How is that not contradicting himself?

As for the ‘us versus them’ why is it that you are always defending Cred against everyone who disagrees with him. To me that feels like the two of you, are taking sides even when the post was not directed at you. I have not noticed him defending you; perhaps I just overlooked it. It does seem strange to me that you feel the need to defend Cred, or take his side.

Why is that?

Peace and love

T
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Yeah I went around and around with him on believe/accept vs believe IN and he persisted in making the believe an argument as well as many other points.
    Okay you want to call all Americans gringo fine but why argue that it is not also meant as a derogatory term whether you meant it that way or not accept us telling you it can be taken that way.
    I agree making it a us against them is not the issue but the fact that Believers are badgered for not using proper words, spelling errors and typos and other cop outs like ''go back to the subject'' when he gets frustrated that he can no longer deny that we got our point across. I am sorry but I can not stand double standards and that is all that these tactics amount to mostly so I do and will continue to point them out!
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:19 AM
    A It does seem strange to me that you feel the need to defend Cred, or take his side.

Why is that?
    I'm not defending him or taking his side, I point out inaccuracies or double standards as NoHelp pointed out.

This is a discussion board, people answer/comment on any post they wish to, that's by design, that's why there is no threaded/nesting setup here. If you are uncomfortable with that thee isn't much I can do.

About that 'beliefs' point you try to make: the christians use the word belief in their own way meaning belief in their god, but the word is more generic than that isn't it? I believe the sun will come up tomorrow, I believe in my kids, I believe that I'll have a beer tonight. I have beliefs.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Exactly the point I tried to get across to Cred.
    Maybe I finally sunk it in after all these years since he finally said he does believe some things to sassy.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...ml#post1148394 #16 on

People are just tired of his word games.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Everybody believes in something, could be they believe in the comfort of a good hooker or that water tastes good.

Of course if you specify an area like religion or beliefs in gos then could very well say that they don't believe in them. In the same vein that one may not believe that the Cubs will win the world series.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:32 AM
    When I talk to Cred I specify setting aside religion, and things like that so that he can not lump it all together but he still manages to mix it all together to 'win'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the meaning of christ in hebrew [ 23 Answers ]

What is the meaning (definition) of christ in hebrew

Words of Christ Book [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether a book with ONLY the words of Christ, As are provided in the Bible red letter editions. A book with only The Words of Christ and their Bible locations.

Jesus Christ Superstar [ 4 Answers ]

I've just seen the 1973 film adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, and was wondering how similar to the original Broadway production it is. For example, was the original set in the first century AD, or in modern times like the film? Thanks Captain O

The return of Jesus Christ [ 131 Answers ]

What are your thoughts about the return of Jesus Christ? Do you think it will be before, during, or after the Great Tribulation? Do you believe it will happen, or not?

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search