Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mz2richard Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Best place for stairway light?
    Hello group, busy week! I am installing a sconce in a stairway and it is 13 feet from top to bottom. Should I place more than one wall mount and where should I put the 1 or 2 lights? I was thinking of using low-wattage halogen bulbs for lighting.:rolleyes:
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 04:43 PM
    I like wall sconce fixtures ,with the lamp hidden and openings on the top and bottom to allow for up and down light. These can be with low wattage compact flourscent lamps. 2700 Deg K color. I would put one at the top and one at the bottom landing, as long as I can get lighting on the stairs.

Wall sconces pose a problem if they will obstruct moving furniture up and down the stairs.

Lighting is very subjective, and I can see the halogens giving a nice bright white crisp light also. But my feeling is halogen is only for art work, crystal, and jewellery.

I have installed a fixture or two, and have designed complete lighting packages for high end ( seven figure) homes. I like soft,even lighting in homes.

But this is completely up to you.
    mary Ellen Kilfillen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Could you please suggest how I would light two pieces of art, hung one on top of the other, on the wall of a stairway? The wall is only visible when you come down the stairs from the second floor - there is a long bare wall that faces the stairs as you descend them and we would like to hang something there. We were thinking of putting two halogen lamps above the top picture, one longer than the other so that the shorter one would shine on the top picture and the longer one would shine on the lower picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install toilets in place of showers [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at turning an old tanning salon into a preschool center. I need to install at least two additional toilets and get rid of four shower stalls. Can the toilets be installed in place of the showers?:confused:

Best place to buy hard drives in or around atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

I'm new in atlanta ga and wondering if anyone nows a low cost place to buy hardware. I look through the phone book but there are so many places I thought I would see if anyone had any insight. I usually build my own and need hard drives, processors, video cards, etc...

Best cost effective place to retire? [ 2 Answers ]

This probably was done before but here it goes. Where are some of the best but cost effective place to retire and why? I hope to retire before age 50 but need to pick the right place to do so. Recommendations?

IQ question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of IQ test questions that need to be answered. If this is not the rigth place for this, let me know where to go. Thanks! As for the questions, here they are: 1. monitor (tote) computer Economic (----) agenda 2. YELLOW (LOST) TASTE DRESSER (----) SUBSTANTIATE

View more questions Search