Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PECIE Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 09:07 AM
    How long does a Puberty Growth Spurt lasts for a boy ?
    Hi, I'm a 14 year old boy & almost 15. & I think that I'm in a growth spurt right now.

Because recently I feel like I've been growing a lot lately, I've gotten taller faster than my usual growth, & a lot of people who haven't seen me in like 5-4 months today when they see me they're like: Wow! You've gotten bigger! He's bigger now.
    My parents are both short, mom 5'0 & dad 5'3 & right now I'm 5'2 maybe 5'3. Although my grandpa from my father's side he's like 176cm & my grandpa from my mother's side he's 167cm.
    & if that matters I'm overweight by about 35-40lbs.
    T-shirts that used to fit me at 13 are now starting to get tighter & smaller, & that goes to pants as well. My Clothes are now getting too small for me now.
    Right now if I'm in a growth spurt which I think I am. Then my Growth spurt started in January 2008.

Now question is: How much taller do you think I'll get? & most importantly: How much longer do you think my Growth Spurt will continue to last?? Another year or less maybe??
    EightEleven91 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PECIE
    Hi, I'm a 14 year old boy & almost 15. & I think that I'm in a growth spurt right now.

Because recently I feel like I've been growing a lot lately, I've gotten taller faster than my usual growth, & a lot of people who haven't seen me in like 5-4 months today when they see me they're like: Wow! you've gotten bigger! He's bigger now.
    My parents are both short, mom 5'0 & dad 5'3 & right now I'm 5'2 maybe 5'3. Although my grandpa from my father's side he's like 176cm & my grandpa from my mother's side he's 167cm.
    & if that matters I'm overweight by about 35-40lbs.
    T-shirts that used to fit me at 13 are now starting to get tighter & smaller, & that goes to pants as well. My Clothes are now getting too small for me now.
    Right now if I'm in a growth spurt which I think I am. Then my Growth spurt started in January 2008.

Now question is: How much taller do you think I'll get ?? & most importantly: How much longer do you think my Growth Spurt will continue to last ???????? Another year or less maybe ???
    Could last another year, you will probably continue to get taller up to about 18 but it'll slow down then, but until your 16 you could get taller very quickly :D
    It doesn't matter if your overweight, the taller you grow, you'll thin out, just have to watch when you stop growing then about your weight.
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Aug 1, 2008, 09:03 AM
    I know a guy who was smallish at 13/14 and always smaller than the girls when the boys were at that age were they were getting taller. He wasn't but when he got to 15/16 he shot up taller than most the other boys. Well, I thought that was awesome.
    loveishard Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2008, 01:20 PM
    I dated a boy when I was in 7th grade.. he was about id say 5'3 ish at then end of 7th grade and over weight
    The summer went by and we had broken up and I didn't see him thr whole summer

School starts and he's 5'9 and a lot thiner

Kind weird how fats people can grow
    Now were about to be junior and id say he's about 6 foot
    killurm0m1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 10:17 AM
    I'm 13 I started my grow spurt at 11 they last for about 2-3 years I was 5.0 and then I turned 13 I'm know 5.8
    michaeljmw3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Ill be 17 in 3 months I'm 5.7 mu dads 5.8 moms 5.4 I have tall girls on my dads side and both males and tall women on my moms my grandpas 6.4 my grandmas about 5.7 can I grow 5 inches in like a year or 2 if I have a growth spurt can a 17 year old even have a growth spurt at that age or older
    newboy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 10:09 PM
    Growth spurts have been documented to continue well into the 20s for males. It is not common but it does happen. Females growing past 18yrs is extremely rare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Period that lasts too long [ 8 Answers ]

I have had my current period for almost two weeks now. It started heavy and it is getting lighter but it is still longer than it's ever been. I'm not having any pain - it feels like a normal period except for the length of time. This is the first time it's happened. I'm wondering if it is my...

I REALLY need to know how long a suntan lasts on fair skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have fair skin and about 7 months ago I went to Egypt and got really badly sunburned. It turned into a tan in a couple of weeks and 7 months later, it's still there! I want to know how long it will take to go away because it hasn't seemed to have faded at all and I have kept completely...

Defrosting lasts too long [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a whirlpool refrigerator. It was working OK until I realized that the defrost cycle lasts to long. It lasts longer than 40 minutes. Can anyone say what's the problem?

Growth in puberty [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16 n a half and I have a very slow puberty I have hair underneath my arms but not fully grown and hair also around my pubic area but also this is not fully gown and have no hair on my legs and shave not very regulary but I have started to develop white pubic hair around the side of my penis...

Vicodin, and how long it lasts in your system? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother in law is taking his CDL in a few days. He was purscribed Vicadon for a shoulder injury a few months ago. Latley his shoulder has been bothering him serverly but he doesn't want to take a vicodin for it because he doesn't know how long it stays in your system. If he passes his CDL, he...

View more questions Search