Ask
    onedragon2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 04:28 AM
    What are car salesman salaries?
    What are car salesman salaries?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Commission only as far as I know. If you don't sell a car, you don't get paid.
    Need a friend Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2008, 03:31 AM

It depends on the dealership. Some give a salary, some a base pay then commission, others... Most... it is commission based.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 05:45 AM

Some around here base it on a training salary to start, about 9 or 10 dollars a hour. This is for a few weeks or a couple months. Then if you appear good, they keep you, and you go to a draw against commission often based on what you did for the first couple months.

But basically if you don't sell a car, you don't make or earn any money.
    jwillis555 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 06:39 PM
    In the past I have found they make the min wage, which is against commission. The commission is different with each dealership, but they do make a lot more on used. Hope this helps

[email protected]
    Envy_coleon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 07:57 AM
    In jersey u mostly get salary, usually like $200 a week, but u also get bonuses, commission, and depending on the manufacturer, u can also get spins. Which is another bonus from the manufacturer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary car salesman [ 7 Answers ]

I am thinking of being a salesman and would like to know the salary and what/if you get commission for each car you sell?

Salaries of Car Salesman? [ 2 Answers ]

What are Salaries of Car Salesman?

Car salesman earnings [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how much a car salesmen would make per month, if he worked at a toyota dealership in the state of Washington. With no experience?

Aussie salesman [ 5 Answers ]

A young Aussie lad moved to London and went to Harrods looking for a job. The manager asked "Do you have any sales experience?" The young man answered "Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Dubbo.'" The manager liked the Aussie so he gave him the job. His first day on the job was challenging...

Salary for car salesman [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been thinking of going into sales for my major. I was wondering what a car salesman would make a year including commission.

View more questions Search