Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FilthyDFC Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Sunburn
    Long story short... 5 hours of drunken river tubing with minimal sunblock. From about an inch above my ankle to my knee is fried... but that's not really the issue. My ankles and feet have swollen so much it's hard to walk on them...

I was thinking about going to the hospital... and I read some stuff about it, saying to elevate them, etc...

Anybody have any experience with this?. it sucks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 03:06 AM
    My sister actually burnt the bottoms of her feet once... hand stands in the pool...

Elevate the feet, and aloe.
    FilthyDFC Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 01:53 AM
    It's blistering, and is honestly probably the worst sunburn I've seen. My girlfriend thinks I should go to the hospital... do you think it's necissary?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 01:55 AM
    Going to the hospital couldn't hurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New sunburn relief. [ 3 Answers ]

A man passed out on the beach in Miami for four hours, and got a horrible sunburn, specifically to the front of his legs above his knees. He went to the hospital, and was promptly admitted after being diagnosed with second-degree burns With his skin already starting to blister, and the severe pain...

Preventing sunburn! [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm one of those people who are pale like a kleenex and pretty much the only way I can tan is if I burn first. I recently found out I'm going to mexico this summer, and I want to know what I can do to help prevent the sunburn, besides wearing sunscreen. I'm so pale sunscreen alone probably won't...

Sunburn treatment -- OTC [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a miracle treatment for sunburn... Is there any magic way to treat sunburn I don't think baby oil is the answer Maybe I'm looking for a moisterizer...

Help! Sunburn! [ 1 Answers ]

I went out to the beach the other day with some friends. Unfortunately we forgot to reapply the sun cream and when I realised I started getting slightly pink I went to go put some more cream on, but couldn't find our sunscream bottle, so I had to use the life gaurds. I woke up this morning and am a...

Sunburn [ 11 Answers ]

Tell me what you think... My boyfriend is out in the sun most of the day, from around 11 until about 4. How long do you think is too long? and how long until he gets skin cancer? I try to tell him everyday that its not good for him but he just won't listen. Any advice?

View more questions Search