Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sinchanonly Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Broadband Modem & Modem with Router (DSL-2640B)
    When I'm connecting broadband using D-Link ADSL broadband Modem, the connected computer will connect to Internet after verifying username and password. If I'll replace that modem with D-Link DSL-2640B (A broadband ADSL Modem WiFi router) then will this router can connect to Internet automaticall when switched on OR A computer is still required to connect to Internet? If DSL-2640B will connect to Internet automatically after switch on then will Internet connection automatically disconnected when switched off? If DSL-2640B will not connect automatically then may I configure it to connect Internet automaticall without using Computer?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 22, 2008, 11:56 PM
    A broadband router of the type you describe deals with the connection for you.
    Basically the router is always connected so any machines that are linked to the router have internet access on start up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telabs 8110 modem ican I used it as leased line modem [ 3 Answers ]

In my office there is a Tellabs 8110 modem from where internet is connected . Is it is a leased line modem or it is a fixed ip broadband modem :)

Modem router [ 5 Answers ]

Do I need 2 set up modem router on laptop as well as main computer to establish network connection? I want 2 use my laptop wireless connection but main computer is ethernet linked to router

Wireless router-ADSL MODEM [ 2 Answers ]

I have a HUAWEI Smart AX MT882 ADSL Modem and I am trying to connect through a D-LINK WBR 1310 WIRELESS router unsuccessfully even after following the instructions given in the disk carefully. Tell me how I can connect to the net using these two.

CABLE and Modem Router [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my buddys has a cable modem which she connects to the internet with, its got one USB and one ethernet port on the modem. Ive only seen t he modem through webcam so I couldn't play around, we were NOT able to connect 2 machines one through usb and the other through ethernet. The cable...

View more questions Search