Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy46 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 11:20 PM
    Have kids with HPV
    Hi,
    I have hpv... and was wanting to know if I could have kids ,
    If so would it effect the baby in any way?

Thank you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 05:20 AM
    As long as you keep up with dr appts and your dr hasn't told you that you might not be able to you have a decent chance. When left neglected your chances are worse.
    My daughter had it and she now has a 2 month old son.
    I have known girls that have not been able to get pregnant because of it but I think their problem was that they had it for years, neglecting it and it wasn't taken care of right away to where it got pretty out of control
    parent25 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Yes you can definitely still have children. Of course as Nohelp said already you should keep up with your appts during pregnancy (as with anybody healthy or not having a child)... I suggest a visit with your OB/GYN before you get pregnant just to put aside any questions you might have. Or you could simply call the nurse at the doctors ofc.

I was told by my doctor that hpv is rarely ever passed on to child and if it were to be passed it affects them in different way than an adult. It affects babies in their throats.

Again, def call your doctors ofc to make appt to learn more and/or speak with a nurse.

**oh and fyi, over 20million americans have hpv (most don't know it) making it the most common std. With that being said, that's like 1 out of 4 or 5 (ok OK I'm not a math whiz) :)

So that would be lots and lots of women not having babies due to fear of hpv transmission.. and that is obviously not happening!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a man with kids and I don't have kids [ 6 Answers ]

I've never dated a man with kids... and he has 4! 2 teens and 2 in their 20's... and a grandbaby on the way! He's been very aggressive (fast) about getting to the next level(s). We have a great time together and we connect on many levels. He asked early on that we date exclusively as he...

Brother is unmarried and his kids mother want to take kids away [ 5 Answers ]

Can his live in girlfriend or EX now take away his kids from him if there in a stable environment and she is leaving my brother for another man in another city and a sex offender at that? My brother has them in his care as we speak can she go to his house and walk out of there with them. They are...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

80"s kids movie with a dinasour and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was little. It was a about kids that I believe found a dinasour that's all I can remember and it's driving me nuts! Help!

My kids are allowed to be kids! [ 1 Answers ]

We have been living in a condo (we own it, in BC Canada) for 11 months with our two young children; ages 3 years and 18 months. Our 3 yr old often puts a bit of a hop in her step when going from one room to another and likes to dance, play and be a kid; always within the hours of 9am to 9pm. The...

View more questions Search