Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdanker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Wiring emerson fan motor for outside unit
    I need to how to wire a emerson motor. The old motor and a clip that you plugged in. The emerson has no clip or plug it looks like you have to hard wire it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 07:59 PM
    You do have to hard wire it. Follow the directions for wiring on the motor. They all have a wiring label. Use a electric meter to sound out the wires if necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement Motor Wiring for condenser unit [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Lennox HS16-461V-4P. The motor bearings died and I ordered a replacement motor. The old motor (GE) had two purple wires that went to and from the capacitor mounting in the unit. It also had orange and black wires that went to line voltage. The new motor (Emerson) only has three wires...

Need to know wiring for a/c central unit fan motor [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know what wires to put where such as a wiring diagram for a/c and heating unit replacing the fan motor and confused about wiring if possible wiring from fan motoer and relays and limit switch and thermostat thank you anyone

Heating unit blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

The blower motor when out on my rheem furance the heating company told me it would be about 800.00 to replace does this sound about right please let me know joe 773-230-1148

Condenser Unit Fan Motor [ 2 Answers ]

Can I replace a 5. Inch body motor with a 3. Inch body motor, as long as the electrical specs are the same? The shaft on the 3. Inch body motor is longer, of course. Thanks. Dave

Emerson Motor Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I've read (most) of the similar questions about blower motor wiring, but haven't seen any that match my configuration. I have an Emerson 1/3hp, 3spd motor with the following wires: Red, blue, black, green (ground) direct from motor. White and brown go from motor to capacitor with black out of...

View more questions Search