Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwiner7041 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 01:06 PM
    User Account Control Administrator
    Hi: my name is Garry and I've been trying to find the dialog box which appears so you can either allow all users or certain one to use your computer. I'm the administrator and I must of check off one of the boxes on this dialog box by mistake and now I can't even install Microsoft Word it keeps on telling me I'm not the current user. Please help!

Thank you

Garry
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Didn't mention which version of windows you have,

I would try to delete all accounts and then once you get what you need to do, go back and re-create your user account

Try this to see if helps

Below is a 6 page tutorial
    Just click Next to get to nest page

Delete User Accounts in Windows XP
    Delete User Accounts in Windows XP - How to delete a user account in Windows

Post back
    narayanancdm Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Boot through safe mode and
    Log on through administrator
    Right click on the drive which you've installed XP go the sharing and security by choosing your user name and click full control option and restart
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Its under Control Panel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot Add Domain User to Local Administrator Group [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to add a domain account to the local Administrators group on a Windows XP Pro workstation. My network is Windows 2003 / Active Directory. On a Windows XP workstation: Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Local Users and Groups > Groups I open the Administrator group,...

Can't get on my administrator user profile [ 1 Answers ]

I need to get to my administrator profile since my brother forgot the password is there a way to access it through MS-DOS.

Change the way user log on or off in user account [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I re-installed my operating system recently . I wanted to change my display screen if I go to the user accounts and click the option which is CHANGE THE WAY USER LOG ON OR OFF it displays a message saying that CLIENT SERVER FOR NETWARE HAS DISABLED THE WELCOME SCREEN AND FAST USER...

Password to access user account [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set a password to use on my computer under my user name? Windows xp

Authorized user wants to take name of account [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and myself are an authorized user on my mother's c.c. card account. The credit card shows up on both of our credit reports and list us as authorized users. We want to get our names of the account. How do we do that and also, what effect will our credit have when our names are removed,...

View more questions Search