Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashycoco Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Hair dye Controversy!now in despair
    Hello:(

Oh God where do I begin, I'm very upset at the moment as my hair is being very uncooperative! :mad:

I began my life with hazel hair with lovely naturel sun-kissed high lights... and of course I didn't relaise how lucky I was to have naturel hair that I could live with.

One Night and with a spur of the moment decision I decided to use some cheap hair dye and try to go blonde... of course it didn't work.. I just went a few shades lighter with gingery hair and no highlights, all the same dull colour.

So I rushed to the hair dressers and went a nutty brown... this permanent dye washed out to another ginger coppor colour.. which I couldn't live with.

Back to hair dressers I went... and another 200euro later I came out with very dark brown hair, and no highlights.

This is the colour I am now, but when ever I wash it it keeps going back a shade gingery then before. I use good shampoo that says it'll keep colour in.

Ah I cannot live with it anymore... please suggest some way to get bak to my naturel hair!

Thanks for your time!:)

Xx..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 01:16 PM
    ashycoco, with age comes acceptance with the things we cannot change, in a way, it is a blessing going through what you just did and learning from experience. Now I absolutely know if I don't get a colour I can't live with, I GET A VERY TRENDY CUT. And, guess what, my hair grows fast.

If you are smart, you will just get it cut to the point where you can get it coloured and live with that colour until you get your original back.

You can't get back what you had originally unless you let it grow out to a certain agree that you are happy with. Anything else is foolhardy and having a look that you will not be happy with because you will be damaging your hair completely. Possibly the hair follicles too.

I rest my case.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Hi ashycoco,

These hair dyes always wash out on a gradual basis every time you wash your hair,even though it states permanent colour.
    The only time it looks OK is when you first use it.
    As you say, you've used the shampoo that suppose to keep the colour in... but it doesn't, all the brands are the same unfortunately.

Well... yes you could wait for it to grow back ,which of course eventually it will,I don't think you can wait that long though.!

If you want to go back to your natual colour, find the nearrest you can get in a dye,this might have to be done in stages... you may have to go one colour, to arrive at the next... if you follow what I mean, as your own hair grows it will blend in hopefully quite naturally... if the colours close enough, if not by then you can always ajust your colour, eventually having the whole head more or less the same.

There is no reason as long as you have given time between colouring your hair, why you shouldn't also have highlights, bringing your hair back to it's former glory.

If in doubt always check with a professional hairdresser...

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dye Controversy!now in despair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello:( Oh God wheredo I begin, I'm very upset at the moment as my hair is being very uncooperative! :mad: I began my life with hazel hair with lovely naturel sun-kissed high lights... and of course I didn't relaise how lucky I was to have naturel hair that I could live with. One Night...

More Controversy For Obama [ 5 Answers ]

Read all about it! National Ledger - The Barack Obama Stock Controversy

Mood changes - in despair [ 2 Answers ]

Im 26 years old, have finally found the love of my life, with 110% trust, no insecurities, good communication etc etc until.. I started taking the mini pill - 8 days ago, I stopped it yesterday. I don't know what's happened to me, I'm starting to think things that I just know aren't true e.g....

I can't bear the pain and feel such despair [ 1 Answers ]

I have written about a related topic - don't get along with boyfriend friends' the update is that I confronted him about lying to meet his friends when I all I want is honeslty and it ended up in us ending the relationship... because he couldn't bring his friends world and mine together he felt he...

Balance Sheet controversy [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Kind Sirs: We recently have a serious debate in our company, while reviewing company past performance. The company is started in Jan 2005 and we are in the conference room live. John is comparing: 1) Income Statement Q1 and Q2 of 2005 and Q1 and Q2 of 2006 (for apple-to-apple...

View more questions Search