Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    commishh Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:35 PM
    What to do to start a class action suit
    I need to know what steps to take (follow) to file a class action suit against a predatory lender.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Get a lawyer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Get a lawyer.

And find some other people who have the same issues with the same company and want to go forward. You can't file a class action by yourself.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Hello c:

If YOU have a problem with a lender, YOU should sue them by yourself. It DOESN'T take a village.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 05:56 AM
    In a class action suit don't expect to win much of a settlement at all - the lawyers will get the biggest windfall.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    In a class action suit don't expect to win much of a settlement at all - the lawyers will get the biggest windfall.

If you look through the boards you'll see people seem to have problems with the same lenders, same credit card companies.

I often wonder if everyone would get together, what would the result be (other than Attorneys getting rich).

When you watch TV the class action Attorneys are always the same guys - no matter what the product or service.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 23, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Putting together a class action takes an attorney familiar with tort cases. Its very complex. I would not recommend trying it on your own.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Yes, the person sueing is not the one normally to make it class action, attorneys start looking for similar people, and join them together, so you find attorneys that do those type of cases and see if you can sell the idea to them. They they start mass advertising looking for people who want to sue.

Now again, in these cases often the people who sue get far, ( alot) less than in individual suits, Normally the only ones that get rich is the attorneys.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 12:16 PM

Let's see - you're suing (or attempting to sue) a variety of people for a variety of reasons. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-es...l#post1178055; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-c...l#post1165970; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-es...l#post1072757; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/corpora...ml#post1165952.

When asked to furnish additional information in order to assist you, you drop from sight and move to another thread.

I would suggest that the moderators combine all your threads and that you put one good Attorney on retainer.
    commishh Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 12:31 PM

JudyKayTee

No, JudKT, I'm not. The posts other than the Failure to Diagnose are old. I no longer need 'advice regarding them.
    We retained Medical Malpractice attorneys. I'm telling you what we were told. It's a very closed society. Notwithstanding the fact that two other consulting M.D.s agreed that it WAS a FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by commishh View Post
    JudyKayTee

No, JudKT, I'm not. The posts other than the Failure to Diagnose are old. I no longer need 'advice regarding them.
    We retained Medical Malpractice attorneys. I'm telling you what we were told. It's a very closed society. Notwithstanding the fact that two other consulting M.D.s agreed that it WAS a FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE.

Without an expert medical opinion from someone willing to testify that is just YOUR opinion.

My comment was only to indicate that you are very litigious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram Dashboard - Class Action Law Suit! [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a class action law suit currently against Dodge in regards to the inferior dashboards they put in the Dodge Ram 1500 trucks? If not does anyone know how to start a class action lawsuit? I know I am not alone in this and I think we should all band together to get...

Recent Polybutylene Class Action Lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

I am having problems with my polybutylene pipes. I purchased my home a little under two years ago and was wondering if I was still eligible under any of the class action lawsuits. Any info would be helpful.

How do you begin a class-action lawsuit? [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing business with a company that I have suddenly discovered is providing false information in their marketing and in their manuals and int the customers ervice and I am not alone in how much time and $ this company has cost me and my business. I never would have had the problems with the...

View more questions Search