Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Commitment issues
    I've been dating a man for 2 months, when we met we both said we weren't looking for anything serious. We had both come out of something in the last 6 months, were busy with our businesses and there was an age difference of 8 years. In a very short time things took a very different turn, we found we had a lot in common, enjoyed each other on all levels, all in all we both said and agreed that we were exactly what the other was looking for. That it had become more than something casual, there were feelings involved. I found myself falling for him, and got the impression he felt the same. We spent every night together for the last 4 weeks. When out of the blue he started to distance himself, it took him 3 days to tell me he was torn and didn't think he was ready to give me 100% of himself. That he was still dealing with issues from his past, but believes that if we are meant to be together we will be even if it's not now. My question is should I still see him, wait for him. We never fought, disagreed we got along so well and easily I can't imagine him not in my life, but I want to do what's right for both of us, is it possible to support him through this and still be with him.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 12:57 AM
    He's not that into you this time so keep the distance for your own good. If he wants you, he'll work for it. If not, forget it. You'll just hurt if you will insist.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 05:00 AM
    It's two months. Relax. Dating him or not isn't an end of the world thing anyway. Just date him, keep things simple, date others if you want. Relax. If he feels pressured, it's probably because to some degree pressure IS being applied and he's not ready for that.

It's only been two months. Is it wrong for him to want to keep things slow? Not at all. Don't treat this as fatalistic to your relationship, it doesn't have to be.

Also, nothing wrong with dating others, too. Keep your eyes open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a commitment [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! Some days my boyfriend and I were talking about if we should live together but for me it is important to get married because I have a little baby and also because it is one of my dreams and I told him that we should make a commitment then he asked what is for you a commitment? I got a bit...

Men and commitment [ 4 Answers ]

Men and commitment Why should he commit completely? Believe it or not men know if they want to marry a woman within six months of dating, I know you may not believe it but it is true, however sometimes they just wait for the right time, and of course finances, and last you must be the...

Commitment Issues [ 2 Answers ]

10 months ago I started dating a great guy I've known for 3 years. At first I wasn't attracted to him. Now, I am more attracted to him then anyone else. 5 months into our relationship, he took me to London and Paris. We started planning a future together and I thought he was the man of my...

Is she afraid of commitment [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone come across someone like this before? I met a beautiful girl who at Christmas, not long after breaking up with my girlfriend of almost 4 years. We had lots to talk about and a great chemistry. After a few dates when things were progressing she said she was panicking about commitment...

View more questions Search