Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 5, 2006, 02:43 AM
    Are these symptoms??
    Hey all I'm 19 and have convinced myself I'm pregnant. I did have un protected sex on 20th of march (we were not trying for a baby). And since then I've been freaking out. In the last 2 days though I have calmed down and now want the baby, I think if I get a negative result I would acctually be disappointed... im all over the place I think I'm over thinking... :confused:
    Anyway I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these are signs of pregnancy (1)my tummy was growling and bubbling for hours last night (2) the left sideof my ribs feel like they are being pushed from the inside (3) I cannot sleep :eek: (insomnia) maybe slept 10 hours in the past 3 days (4)loads of saliva...

Ne advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Ash
    Xxx
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 02:49 AM
    Hey, I've never been pregnant before but I get your symptoms 1 and 3. Are you late though?
    And I get why these people have un protected sex esp if they NOT trying for a baby, wats it all about.
    Go on the pill, it's the best man kind invention ever!

Apr 5, 2006, 02:53 AM
    How do you get these syptoms if you've never been pregnant..? I don't understand..
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 02:55 AM
    I usually get them a week before my period or even a week after, and sometimes when I'm ovulating..

Apr 5, 2006, 02:55 AM
    Oh is this your first pregnant?? I not late yet, I due a week from today so ill take a test then... just trying to make sense of it... I was on the pill but could not afford it ne more(wee bit cheeky krs) I don't need a lecture, I made a mistake.. I know this
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Im not pregnant... don't want babies as yet!

Didn't mean to give you a lecture at all I'm sure you know what your doing. Sorry if it sounded that way, but sometimes it upsets me to hear stories of teenagers or even anyone having unprotected sex with more than 1 partner these days, we hear so much about diseases and abortions. Its sad :(

I hope all goes well for you :)

Apr 5, 2006, 03:03 AM
    Sorry I just a bit all over the place, thanks for the advice

Xxx
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 03:05 AM
    No worries honey. Its understandable.
    But your not late yet, so don't worry so much. Stress is a killer. I honestly get symptom no. 1 and 3 almost every time, a week before I'm on esp no. 3 where I'm so restless in bed I just can't sleep, and also tummy rumbling I get too.
    Xx
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 03:49 AM
    I have been preganant before and if you are preganat its just one of those things you know deep inside.

Being late is one sign, but you can however still bleed even if you are pregnant.

Sore Boobs
    Feeling tired all the time even if you just walk down the stairs
    Going to the toilet a lot
    Feeling really pissed even if you have only had one or two alcoholic beverages
    Swollen ankles
    Feeling like you have the constant flu.

There are many symptoms and no pregnancy is the same. Some even go a whole 6/7months before they even find out they are pregnant. It just all depends on the individual.

I have had sore ribs before, lack of sleep many times and a growling & bubbling stomach - this usually occus when I have been over doing it, stress is a common factor also.

I do not believe you are pregnant - but the best thing to do for sure is to do a pregnancy test or to go and see you doctor.

You should also consider the Pill and KRS said and you should use condoms and an extra precaution to protect you from STI's. If you are with one partner then wearing condoms is not necessarily something you should be strict on - but no contraceptive is 100% and you have to remember you are still young. Only 19yrs old. Enjoy your life while you can, cdon't be in too much of hurry to grow up.

I am 22yrs and I fell pregnant at 18yrs. I was unfortunately backed into a corner and ended up having an abortion, whilst I regreted it for a while, I am thankful and know I did the right thing. It taught me a valuable lesson to be more careful in the furture (to which I am) and I am lucky to be able to DJ and love my life as I choose to and be able to what I want when I want. I have so many friends between 18-22 that have children and they can't enjoy all the things that I do. They get highly resentful and times and very depressed and I feel I am very lucky!

Needless to say I would never ever have an abortion again and it was the worst experience of my life - so be careful and just enjoy being young and having no ties.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 04:17 AM
    Nicely said DJ H :)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 5, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Ever see that film starring Clint Eastwood where he portrays a country singer with a young girlfriend and she wakes up one morning and enthusiastically declares "I'm in the family way!" and he says "Are you crazy?" LOL : )

But seriously, the bubbling you mention sounds more like a digestive thing.
    To make sure of what's going on, I suggest that you consult an obstetrician and have a pregnancy test done. Medical supervision is essential to ensure proper nutrition and to reduce the risk of birth defects.

Apr 5, 2006, 12:02 PM
    Thanks also dj h and starman.(yeah the bubbling is weird.. its freaking me out).im so confused just :confused:... ill need to wait till saturday/sunday before I can start testing, I just want to know.. thanks so much :rolleyes:
    Xxx
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 01:34 AM
    There is no need to freak out - the bubbling is probably your digestive system. Have you been doing more excerise recently? I always notic my stomach bubbling and making wired sounds when I am exercising more. It's just my food digesting more quick which leaves me feeling hungry again. Its just a change in your metabolism. Nothing to worry about!

Apr 6, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Your probably rite dj.. thanks for your comments ill post my results on Sunday
    Xx
    Thanks a lot
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 12:49 AM
    Hey no worries anytime, you just have to remember not to worry about things unless you really have to. As the saying goes "Only cross the bridge, when you come to it"
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Apr 24, 2006, 01:24 AM
    My daughter is 38 weeks pregnant and she had NO symptoms what so ever except her belly getting bigger. Syptoms can be wide ranged and not everyone has some or any symptoms.So yeah I will be a Grandma in 2 weeks and just found out less than a month ago. They best way to find out if you are pregnant is to have a pregnancy test :)

Apr 24, 2006, 03:58 AM
    Congratulations grandma (he he!! ) that's wonderful!! I feel like I may be getting my period now so I think ill wait a few days and if I don't get it ill just go to docs for a test..

Xx thanks stormy
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 24, 2006, 09:17 AM
    I became pregnant when I was 16 years old. I am now 25 and have three kids. Love my kids, but missed out on a lot in life that I can't get back. And if you read some of my posts...
    Wait until you are older. I say until you are at least 25 or older-your patience grows more.
    Babies are hard to take care of. Being a woman, I know how you feel when you think you are pregnant and not wanting to be, but then you do want to be... It usually happens when you least expect it. When you go to the store thinking "why am I doing this, I've done this a hundred times before and it's always negative..." that's when you are really pregnant-when you think that you are really not. That's how it goes for me anyway, and most people I know.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 24, 2006, 08:59 PM
    I agree with Depressed 100%.

If possible it is always a good idea to wait until you are a little more mature. Children are tough. Did you find out if you are pregnant? If you are not, now might be a good time to really think about and try to plan things. Goodluck.
    mysterious3000 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2009, 04:57 PM

I don't know if your pregnant or not but you definitely sound a little worried don't be. I would go to the grocery store and purchase a first response pregnancy test which is 99% accurate and can tell you the results five days sooner of when your period should actually start. This is a very reliable test I used it four times and am now 37 weeks pregnant myself. If it comes out negative you may have tested to soon and could still be pregnant so defnetly still go and see a doctor soon. Stressing could delay your menstral cycle, the bubbly feeling and insomnia could mean to that your period may be about to start. Only time will tel so you'll just have to wait and see, good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What were your labor symptoms [ 6 Answers ]

Well all I don't know if this means anything but hey I figured I would ask it here before my dr appt today. What kind of symptoms did you experience, or have heard of experienced, before labor? The reason I ask is due to some sever symptoms that I am having. I just wanted to know if anyone else...

Oil symptoms [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There Guys My Mazda Rustler 1400 is running sluggish ,when I pull away in first gear she Stuttors before she moves can be time to replace clutch and pressure plate. Other concern is the exhaust is black and a black spot around the outside of the exhaust tailpiece. What is causing that? ...

Diabetes symptoms? [ 4 Answers ]

I had gestational diabetes in my second pregnancy in 2004 and was told that I am at a high risk of developing diabetes mellitus later on. For the past month or so, I have been urinating more than usual, been extremely hungry and thirsty, sleepier than usual, my eyes have been sore and my vision...

Odd Period and Symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

I have always had regular 29 day periods with 4 days bleeding and one day spotting. This month it was quite different. I had 4 days light spotting with 2 days medium blood flow then 4 more days light spotting. This is the first irregular period I can remember. Could this be a sign of pregnancy...

Symptoms of depression? [ 2 Answers ]

Could somebody please tell me the overt, and hidden symptoms of depression? I feel edgy, and unmotivated, but I am not sad, like I would think would be a sign of depression. I am not edgy, and unmotivated all the time, but I think I am like this far too often lately. Thank you

View more questions Search