Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cess Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
    This comment was meant for a different post hehe

Apr 14, 2006, 11:42 AM
    He does he came over last night . I know what he wanted to do but I stopped it and told him lets take it slow so we will see if he calls or comes around again
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
    What?? :confused:
    sweetface Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
    I am totally confused??
    sweetface Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Uhh!! Yeah!! That is real wrong!! You have to be up front with the person. You can't just lead a person to believe that a situation is one way, but in reality it is another. This will lead to heartbreak and pain for the other person, especially if they are really feeling you. Put the shoe on the other foot. What if it were you, and a guy that you really liked and enjoyed his company, and wanted to see again; he said all the right things, but once things start going real well, he tells you he does not want a relationship only to "hang out" or a "buddy"... You would be hurt. So remember. What goes around come around. It's called Karma
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 14, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetface
    Uhh!!! Yeah!!! That is real wrong!!! You have to be up front with the person. You can't just lead a person to believe that a situation is one way, but in reality it is another. This will lead to heartbreak and pain for the other person, especially if they are really feeling you. Put the shoe on the other foot. What if it were you, and a guy that you really liked and enjoyed his company, and wanted to see again; he said all the right things, but once things start going real well, he tells you he does not want a relationship only to "hang out" or a "buddy".... You would be hurt. So remember. What goes around come around. It's called Karma
    Good answer, but I still don't understand her previous statement.

Apr 14, 2006, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetface
    Uhh!!! Yeah!!! That is real wrong!!! You have to be up front with the person. You can't just lead a person to believe that a situation is one way, but in reality it is another. This will lead to heartbreak and pain for the other person, especially if they are really feeling you. Put the shoe on the other foot. What if it were you, and a guy that you really liked and enjoyed his company, and wanted to see again; he said all the right things, but once things start going real well, he tells you he does not want a relationship only to "hang out" or a "buddy".... You would be hurt. So remember. What goes around come around. It's called Karma
    I was telling them the truth I am not looking for a relationship . There is only 1 of the guys I have not told this and I am more interested in him and a relationship could happen later on . I am not sure.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2006, 02:50 PM
    Good call there. I don't think you're ready to rush into this - plus he WILL show his true colors.

Apr 17, 2006, 07:46 PM
    He is coming home with again tonight but I am afraid he is expecting stuff by the messages he is sending me . I am nervous about leaping if you know what I mean we have been talking for about 2 weeks now he has came over once we work in the same building I really like him
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Don't let him pressure you into anything you're not ready for. But, it sounds like you a kind of excited about him. Maybe learn more about him as well.

Apr 22, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Well I think I skrewed up with him . But maybe for the best . He was suppose to call on Friday and didn`t . I know that it makes me a little angry when someone says they are going to do something and don`t . So I think even if he does try to start things again I am not going to let it happen because if I was to start a relationship it would proubly turn out bad.

On anouther note. I am scared I am going to end up in a whole I dug and I won`t be able to get out. I have been going out with a lot of different guys and a couple of them get mad when I tell them I have other plans . They all know I am not looking for a relationship right now. I just want to get to know them . Maybe later down the road dating one of them . But I don`t want to hurt any of them . I have no clue what to do !

May 8, 2006, 10:53 PM
    sorry comment if you like
    Ok I have narrowed down the guys to a total of 3 guys now. They have all rubbed me wronge . Like the one at work never calls when he says he will . The one outside work avoided me thinking I would be mad that he couldn`t pay me the 20 dollars I lent him . The guy at work is sweet . But strange and he interests me but we have nothing in common besides where we work . Now the guy outside work we like a lot of the same stuffs . Then there is anouther guy who has helped me out a lot . He is sweet we have some mutual interest. He was there when I needed help.

Not to mention with all this going through my head my x had to call me and ask me for advise with his new girlfriend. I didn`t mind giving him advise but the conversation that came after the girlfriend talk . Was our past sex life . Witch I don`t want to remmber. I thought I was free and that the attachment I had with him was gone . But during that talk I felt my feeling coming back . I know I can`t go back . After that call I kind of pushed everyone away from me trying to pull myself back togeather . That was just a phone call . What if I meant him when I was out . What would happen . I don`t know . I don`t want to think about it .

Lets go back to the 3 guys . I really like the one I lent money to . He is like me got knocked on his *** and is trying to get back on his feet. He seems interested. But I seem to get really nervous around him . I know I need to relax and be me.

All I want is guy that likes me for me . I don`t want to have to depend on them nor do I want them to depend on me. Someone to hold me . Someone to hold. Someone that likes what I like. Someone to make me feel special. Is this too much to ask?

well I don`t know must be a bad day for me . I seem to be rolling in my own self pitty . I will snap out of it by morning
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

May 9, 2006, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cess
    All i want is guy that likes me for me . I don`t want to have to depend on them nor do i want them to depend on me. Someone to hold me . someone to hold. someone that likes what i like. someone to make me feel special. Is this to much to ask?
    No, it's not much - it's just about what it's all about...
    But - keep looking, it's not SO easy to find this person, and CUT ALL the connection lines with your ex!
    Good lick,
    Millie
    :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2006, 05:21 AM
    Hi, cess,
    Finding someone is sometimes difficult, and it all depends on how many guys you can meet. If you are limited to 3 or 4, then it's difficult.
    Do you go out much? You can meet guys at a Food Store, Drug Store, any type of public place.
    Smile, and it shows you like yourself; others will like you, too. Getting involved with someone at work can sometimes turn out very badly. If things go wrong, then there is always "gossip" about it, and some taking "sides".
    Eventually, you will find someone who is just right for you; but you have to keep looking. I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 9, 2006, 07:05 AM
    You aren't asking too much but maybe the way you are going about it needs a little examination? Life ought not be a hunt for a partner when you are single, nor is it tons of work to keep it all going when you are partnered either. When I concentrated on being like the marines: "Be all that you you can be!", I found that I tend to attract what I wanted easily when I was single and I am now enjoying the fruits of a relationship that only takes some occasional work. The whole trick here is to be the best you possible, remain focused on that and offer support for others to be their best self too.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 9, 2006, 11:24 AM
    I agree with VAL-focus on yourself and your well being and the things you like to do and when your ready you'll find some one. Choosing a guy from a group sounds like you want someone just to have someone.Be patient and have fun and just wait.:cool: :eek:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cess
    Ok I have narrowed down the guys to a total of 3 guys now. They have all rubbed me wronge .
    Then perhaps none of them are right for you. If they are all rubbing you the wrong way, perhaps you need to go find yourself a guy who doesn’t rub you the wrong way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search