Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leith Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Wrong Subjects For Me?
    Hi ^_^ well I've just chosen my subjects and its gone into the 6 weeks and well I chose art and media studies because when I'm older I want to work with cartoons and things when I'm older but I would also like to be a guitarist and I'm in a band with my friends and I'm starting to think I should have chosen music but I am also doing my guitar out of school so I can always just do my guitar grades out of school but I still think I've done the wrong thing but at the sane time I think I've done the right thing... im not sure what to do :confused:
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jul 22, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith
    Hi ^_^ well ive just chosen my subjects and its gone into the 6 weeks and well i chose art and media studies because when im older i want to work with cartoons and things when im older but i would also like to be a guitarist and im in a band with my friends and im starting to think i should have chosen music but i am also doing my guitar out of school so i can always just do my guitar grades out of school but i still think ive done the wrong thing but at the sane time i think ive done the right thing.....im not sure what to do :confused:
    Leith - what's up buddy?

I enrolled in many classes during high school and college that made me second guess my decision to enroll in the first place. Sometimes you are nicely surprised, though. It does sound like in your case, no matter what you decide to do, it's a win-win. Since you already have an interest in art then being enrolled in that class could be a really good thing. Also, because you actively play music in a band, you are getting your guitar practice in.

It still sounds like for the most part, you aren't completely decided on a career pursuit yet: either art/media studies or music. You could go either way it seems. I don't think in either case, what class you take is really going to be a bust for you since you like these subjects as much as you do. Just trust your judgment thus far in what you have chosen and see how things go; you can always adjust later and you won't have wasted your time because you're simply following your heart and your interests.
    MaGiC_DaN90 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Hi ^_^ well ive just chosen my subjects and its gone into the 6 weeks and well i chose art and media studies because when im older i want to work with cartoons and things when im older but i would also like to be a guitarist and im in a band with my friends and im starting to think i should have chosen music but i am also doing my guitar out of school so i can always just do my guitar grades out of school but i still think ive done the wrong thing but at the sane time i think ive done the right thing.....im not sure what to do :confused:
    Sorry to say, but this is SAME predicament I am in, sort of. I like art, but I too am a musician.

I draw well, without schooling, just hobby... and I have been playing the bass guitar, elec. Guitar, and drums for nearly 8-9 years now.

As a result, I am quite over-ambitious as to what I want to do in life. I would like to be in a band, but I love to draw, and movie making is another thing I enjoy, but I also enjoy photography. I wish I could make up my mind, I think it'll come to you as you get older, and your path will become more defined and narrow.
    sharonGilpin Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2008, 01:27 PM

1 in a million people can play guitar as a job

No offense but you may not be obne of them

However the road to art is much more wide with many more opportunities
    You have made the righrt chioce of taking art related classes because it is much more sturdy. It will support you more than music.

If you change your mind then hopefully you can be that one of a million

Good Luck:)
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 13, 2008, 01:29 PM
    You can always take music next year. But your already taking guitar outside of school which is more focused on guitar. Whereas music would probably be really broad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What's the Best way of Rembering things in Subjects? [ 3 Answers ]

I really don't know what catergory does this question fall into, but oh well. Anyway here is the problem, I'm in Yr 12 this year, and already I'm fully stress about assignments and exams. I have like a block exam coming up in 2 weeks time. My question is that, is there anyway that you can study and...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

Earse the subjects [ 8 Answers ]

How can I erase the subjects I did a search for it on the box of the search? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search