Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wcgreene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 08:37 PM
    Voting in two separate countries electin
    I am a US citizen with dual nationality (Antigua and Barbuda) living in the US Virgin Islands, can the USVI Board of Election Office make laws saying it is against VI election laws for me to vote in elections in Antigua and Barbuda if I vote in the Us Virgin Islands? Are there any US Federal Laws which precludes me from voting in both places?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Yes they can.

I know this person who was born in the USA but lived most of her life in Canada.

Years ago (1970s/1980s), this person was told that if she ever voted in a Canadian election, she would lose her American citizenship.

However, the Americans have since rescinded that law and therefore, she now votes in both US and Canadian elections.

But yes, a country can make laws like that.

To be a citizen of France, you can not be the Commander in Chief of another nation. So when Michelle Jean became governor general of Canada, she gave up her French citizenship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual citizenship us/europe / voting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a dual citizen by birth. I was born in america when american citzenship came by default by having been born there and both of my parents are english citzens. I grew up in america but moved to london when I was seventeen and have been working here now for 8years. As the american...

Countries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I s there a list of countries anywhere Along with the e mail code Like germany De etc It would be nice to have a list of all the codes To know exactly where one particular e mail has come from Thanks for any help Tim

Countries without a military? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me how many,and which countries do NOT have a standing army? Or where I can find that information? Thanks!

Which countries do NOT have a military? [ 2 Answers ]

Could you tell me how many,and which countries do not have a standing army? Or information where I might locate this? Thanks you!

View more questions Search