Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zombieman101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Mosquito bites?
    So, short version, I was out in the woods with my girlfriend we were by the beach so I didn't have my shirt on and I was in shorts, we walked through a chunk that was hugely infested by mosquitoes. So, now I have about 50 bites (my estimate) all over my back and legs, I just want to know if there's any potential bad thing about that and how long should they take to heal up? (This happened Thursday 17th)
    Dank Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 02:29 AM
    There is potential that you may contract West Nile Virus (click for info), but it is typically only fatal in infants and the elderly.

Mosquitoes flock to me when I go camping. The best advice to help the bites heal quickly is not to scratch them (they will become open sores if you do). Typically they itch for 2-3 days and disappear within a week.

Click here for an article concerning treating the bites (addresses itchiness primarily).
    zombieman101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 06:49 AM
    All right thanks, I figured about the not scratching part. And I'm not too worried about West Nile.
    llamb Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Aug 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Yeah, just get some kind of itch cream. You can ice them if they are really itchy, as well, I've found that helps. Or maybe a cold bath
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 10:55 PM
    If you have no itch cream readily available, minty toothpaste does wonders.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mosquito bites:( [ 9 Answers ]

How long do mosquito bites take to go away, and or, how can I make them go away more quick? I've got very very big mosquito bites(dime size) is that normal?

Mosquito bites [ 8 Answers ]

I have a very important function tomorrow night and I have A lot of mosquito bites over my legs. I have planned to wear a short dress, so is there anything that can get rid of the redness of the mosquito bites or get rid of them quickly? Any answers would be greatly apreciated! :)

Mosquito in a car ? [ 2 Answers ]

OK... this question does not have a specific topic... anyway... Why is it that if a mosquito or a fly in a moving vehicle or elevator always stay in the enclosed space, suspended in the air and do not collide with the walls enclosing it?? :confused: Well maybe I'm really dumb :p

Mosquito bites [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know of anything besides DEET, that will prevent mosquito bites. I hate putting pesticide on my skin, but nothing seems to work. Thanks. Cindy

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

View more questions Search