Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    23chloe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 10:43 PM
    6-week old kiten with fleas.
    I have a 6-week old kitten who I have been giving a bath in Dawn dishliquid for 4 weeks now. The Dawn works somewhat, but, I would like to know if I can dilute a flea shampoo and use it. After giving the kitten a bath I rinse her completely and then use a blow dryer on low setting to dry her I also rub her down with a towel to help dry her. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Check with a vet. I think you can give her an Advantage treatment at 6 weeks. Or you may have to wait until she's 8 weeks. We have four adult cats and found Advantage to be an excellent product when fleas moved in. One of the cats freaked out and was very uncomfortable as the Advantage took effect and drove the fleas off him. The other three were okay.

Of course, vacuum everything thoroughly and THROW AWAY the vacuum bag in a tightly sealed garbage bag. Wash all the bedding in hot water with detergent. Use a flea comb to comb out the fleas and drown any living ones in a cup of water. They are lively little things and don't die easily. They hop all over the place -- you got to be quick!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 week old puppie has fleas [ 3 Answers ]

Five week old puppy has fleas. How do I get rid of them.

1 week old kittens have fleas! [ 2 Answers ]

My cat had kittens about a week ago and now they've got fleas, when I tried to use a flea comb on them my cat just moved them. What do I do to get rid of them?! :confused:

Fleas and 7 week old pup [ 1 Answers ]

Just adpoted a 7wk old puppy and she is infested with fleas and ticks what can I use

6 Week Old Puppy has Fleas! [ 8 Answers ]

Are 2 older dogs had fleas, so got 2 flea collars for them. Now are puppy is getting fleas and she is only 6 weeks old, what's the best treatment for a puppy so young? Also what's best for the older dogs?

6 week old kitten with fleas [ 11 Answers ]

Our new kitten came home with fleas! The vet applied a topical to him, and we were told to vacuum and wash everything he came into contact with. He has been at our house only 36 hours and was in one room- we have done all that the vet told us to do-- will this solve the problem, do you know? ...

View more questions Search