Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catloverrpg Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2008, 08:36 PM
    My mom and Dad's rules
    Well, I have something to ask, and It's bothering me so much. There's this boy who asked me out. I like him he likes me, But My Mom and Dad forbid me to date him! My Dad still sees me as his "little girl" but I'm grown up now, and I think I may love this guy. HELP!
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Jul 21, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Soon you will be a legal adult and be able to date whomever you want.

I'm sure you will have many years of dating.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 09:01 PM
    ... how grown up are you?

Your parents are looking out for you... I promise. When I was in middle school, my parents forbade me from dating as well, and I would argue and whatnot, and now that I look back on it, I realize... they were right. If you really want to start dating, then I suggest you sit down, have a grown up talk with your parents. Tell them that you like him, and want to see him, but will also abide by their rules (curfew, how often you can see/talk to him, how your grades won't suffer, etc.)

Jul 21, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catloverrpg
    Well, I have something to ask, and It's bothering me so much. Theres this boy who asked me out. I like him he likes me, But My Mom and Dad forbid me to date him! My Dad still sees me as his "little girl" but I'm grown up now, and I think I may love this guy. HELP!
    Well, I'm not very grown up, but my Mom and Dad say I'm very mature. They say I act like a well learned college student... But It's really a prob with My Father... Not much My Mother.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Well, how old are you?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 11:30 PM
    She's 14.

(now she HAS to correct me.)

Jul 26, 2008, 06:52 PM
    I'm 11
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Your mom and dads rules are very legit. Very reasonable. Your way too young. Try not to grow up too fast.. Your far far far from grown all up. You may be able to say that at 21 but not at 11.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Why do you want to date? What will you do with a boyfriend? What's the hurry?

Your parents are looking out for you, that's what parents do. At 11 you are not mature enough to handle a relationship.
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Jul 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
    I remember when I was 11. I was still playing with my punky brewster doll listening to Bon Jovi on my little pink tape recorder. Lol Wow. I'm old. 11 and thinking that you love this guy? Can I ask how old this guy is?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Yes, a 11 year old has not business even thinking about dating
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    yes, a 11 year old has not business even thinking about dating
    Exactly, Could not agree more.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Have to agree 11 yrs old you aren't even in the 6th grade yet. You need to enjoy your years as a kid they are something you never get back and when you grow up too fast you don't even have the childhood memories.
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
    I have to agree 100%, eleven is way too young to date, heck, I think 14 is too young. Enjoy being a kid, you only get one childhood, don't be in such a hurry to grow up, there's plenty of time for that later.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Well I always did think it was kind of cute when kids that age are 'asked out' cause WHERE they going to go?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Of course I was shocked today, I had two of the neighbor teens, help me clear house today, pick up a lot of old paper work, shred it, and haul it to the trash areas. In talking, I asked the poor how old he was, I think it was 14, the girl, was taller, and looked about 16 if I had to guess, she was 11. Phsycially far too mature for a 11 or 12 year old the way I remember it.
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Exactly, and they'd have to be back before dark, and mom or dad would have to drive them to wherever they're going. I don't get it, at 11 I was still playing dolls and having fun with my friends, boys were still yucky. Is there something in the food that's making these kids grow up faster than normal?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Your dad calls you "his little girl" because that's what you are. Your parents tell you that you act maturely because occasionally you do, and it's a parent's job to encourage their children.

At 11, you're still a child. That's not an insult, don't hear it as one.

Prove your parents right (that you do act maturely) and respect their instructions.
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Of course I was shocked today, I had two of the neighbor teens, help me clear house today, pick up alot of old paper work, shred it, and haul it to the trash areas. In talking, I asked the poor how old he was, I think it was 14, the girl, was taller, and looked about 16 if I had to guess, she was 11. Phsycially far too mature for a 11 or 12 year old the way I remember it.
    Kids do develop allot faster nowadays. They say it's the extra hormones in milk and such. I do know that my neighbors daughter started menstruating at the age of 6, I can't imagine that.

I understand that hormones do have allot to do with it, but still, an 11 year old, no matter how physically mature, is no where near emotionally mature enough to date.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Yeah I know that sometimes they have pre-teens (12 and 13) on the day time talk shows and you would swear they were 19. They dress with the low cut tops and the mini skirts and nothing to the imagination. Then people wonder how a 19 yr old boy ended up with a 12 yr old girl because she lied about her age!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dad's Truck [ 2 Answers ]

My dad is 78 and unable to drive the truck he bought in 2006. When I went to the dealership to ask about them buying the truck back, their offer was about $3000 below what he still owes. Other than putting it on the market and trying to sell it myself, what other options do I have?

My dad's fever won't go away [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. My dad has had a high fever for about four days now and it won't go away. He already went to the doctor but he won't take the medication. He says his body will just run its course. He's about 53 and in pretty good physical...

Dad's rights [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do if my 6 month old daughters mum only lets me see my baby for a couple of hours on a Saturday and won't let me look after her over night? :confused:

Stepmother and Biological Dad's Will [ 3 Answers ]

My dad died recently and I know he had a will. I have heard that my step mother is not going to probate his will. And if she doesn't, I have no way of knowing what was in the will and if my name along with my two brother's names are mentioned and if dad left anything to us at all. My question...

View more questions Search