Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wabash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Teller made a mistake
    Is it a crime to keep money that a bank teller gave you in error? It should have been $15.00 and she gave me $1500.00 instead.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:13 PM
    I don't know the law and it prob varies by state but I read about a lady who was charged under just about identical circumstances.
    parent25 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Well I don't know if it's a crime but... karma karma karma!! Give it back.. or you could keep a reasonable "finders/return fee" and give only a good chunk of it back... :) jk

I would say give it back and you'd get much more in return I'm sure...
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Jul 22, 2008, 12:33 PM
    You should definitely go to the bank and give it back! It was an error true enough,but that was what it was a human error, Now how do you think that teller feels now that his or her till did not close out right. The banks always have a way of finding out who that money went to, Do the right thing and you will be blessed!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2008, 12:35 PM
    And think what the bank may do that poor teller when she comes up almost $1500 short.

The most likely scenario is they will deduct it from your accounts, possibly causing checksw to bounce.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does she think she made a mistake? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, On my recent post ui explained that I got finished by my girlfriend of a year and that we had a great relationship. I wanted her back and we were getting on really well and then all of a sudden she said she liked someone else. I was gutted and thought that id compete and try to get her...

Has she made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

My girl friend of 4 years left me 3 months ago when wee were 2 getha none of us had much friends now her best friend is back on the scene and that's when she dumped me now my ex has a new boy friend and she has her own house so I think there going to move well I know it 2 make matters worse wee...

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

Made a big mistake [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I have a question I need to ask, well here it is. MY husband and I separated on June 30th of this year he said he need time to hisself to get his self together, when he was here he would leave everyday to play basketball he says and one morning he got up took a bath and said he was going to...

I made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

Hi lets just say I went with the wrong person as we say we all make mistakes and now I worry about my health anybody out there can tell if I'm healthy or not please? Ty

View more questions Search