Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 21, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Elec prob in stored 94 Blazer
    I've got a 94 S10 Blazer that didn't pass insp this time mostly due to body rust. It's been sitting for a bit over a month. I went to try and start it. Experience told me that the battery would probably need charging (was old and occ needed it if I didn't go anywhere for several days). The charger read that battery full but I left it on for a couple hours anyway. When I tried to start it (stiil read full charge but I left chgr on 'quick start'), I get no readings on the dash - no elec at all. Doesn't take much to figure it's because it was sitting so long, but what should I look at first to get elec flowing again?

-
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:20 PM
    . Clean battery terminals and connections.

. Test all under-hood and under-dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Check ignition switch and harness for wear, pitting, or melting.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 21, 2008, 11:11 PM
    You gave me a good place to start. I'll let you know what ather prob I find in a couple days and see if you can help <G> (but I'll check out those great posts you put up first).

-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stored Procedures [ 2 Answers ]

How to Create Stored Procedures in SQL Server?

Can a refrigerator be stored on its side? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a regular refrigerator be stored for a few months on its side? Will this cause any damage?

Passwords stored on PC in. [ 7 Answers ]

I am sure I read some where that passwords used on your PC are stored somewhere. What I am after I am going to rebuild my computer and have got to use to pressing the tab key to put password automatically in for me and can't remember some of them. I am sure its found in the msiconfig or...

Energy stored [ 1 Answers ]

Find the energy sored in niformly charged solid spher of radius r and charge q.Do it in Two different ways? Thank you

Stored Gasoline [ 4 Answers ]

I stored gasoline in a regular 5-gallon gas can, but did not put any stabilizer in it. I forgot that I had it, and it is now about a year old. I was cautioned about using it. Can I use the gas? Can I mix it with a stabilizer now? Can I mix it with other, fresh gas to make it usable? If it is...

View more questions Search