Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parent25 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Binge eating and weight loss.
    Previous binge eater - trying to get over old habits...

What kinds of healthy foods do you suggest to satisfy my salty/carbs cravings?
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 10:17 AM
    For salty/carb cravings, try rice cakes. They're very, very light.

Swedish wasa crackers are also fantastic and even tastier.

Or try some air-popped popcorn (not the fake stuff).

Pumpkin and sunflower seeds are great because it takes a long time to get them out of their shells. They're also good for you.

A healthy serving of pasta with a no-cook tomato sauce never hurt anybody.

If you are looking for quantity that won't put on weight, here are some suggestions.

Load up on fruits and veggies. Eat a whole bunch of sauteed spinach with garlic and a little extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top. Or if you eat half a pineapple, you'll feel very full, and you're not going to be hungry for anything else.

Take a couple of large romaine hearts, measure out a tablespoon or so of your favorite dressing (homemade is best), and toss in a big bowl. It's cruchy and fresh, it feels like a lot of food, and its very low cal. you can also add a little grilled chicken to it.

Drink lots of water, even making yourself drink a couple of glasses at a time. If you do this before you eat, you'll feel full much more quickly.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jul 27, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Lettuce, spinach, eggs, cheese, nuts, sugar-free jello, chicken, steak, meat in general.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

What is the healthy amount of time to lose 50 pounds

Is eating 8 grapefruits per day too much to loose weight? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to loose weight. I was told in order to loose weight fast I can eat a lot of grape fruits. As well as drink water. Have one sold meal per day before 7 PM. Whenever I feel hungry just snack on grapefruit and water. Also workout 2 times a week for 1/2 hour. How safe and effective is this?...

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

Not Eating Good , Need gain weight [ 15 Answers ]

So lets start . Age 19 and I am 1.81 and 69kg and I need to get at least 78 kg. I am doing Gym . But the problem is I need to gain weight but because of my schedule I only eat 2 times per day and not home made food. I generally eat bull and I am doing this on purpose because of maybe I could gain...

View more questions Search