Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kreestar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Am I too concerned about this?
    My boyfriend posted about what attracts him to girls on a site and one of the things he said was glasses. I don't really wear glasses, only at night because I can't drive in them. I'm going to be getting some new glasses soon with a newer prescription,
    I wonder if he is thinking about me in glasses, or someone else.
    I don't really know how to take this answer of his. And I think I am over analyzing it, because I'm bored. But I don't know.
    I just don't think I would say something like that, it just seems a little off.

On the other hand, we are perfectly happy, and he shows no signs of wandering away from me. So I'm just confused.

* Maybe it was the way he worded it. Because I would probably just say something like, curly hair, or maybe even mention my boyfriend. But he says Freckles on light skinned gals

And going to agree with the glasses.

(I do have freckles and he does love them.)
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 12:49 PM
    You are over thinking something, just because we(humans) find one particular trait attractive that our partner does not possess it does not mean we are looking else where. You may possess every other trait that he looks for in a partner

Jul 21, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Am I being too paranoid?
    My boyfriend posted about what attracts him to girls on a site and one of the things he said was glasses. I don't really wear glasses, only at night because I can't drive in them. I'm going to be getting some new glasses soon with a newer prescription,
    I wonder if he is thinking about me in glasses, or someone else.
    I don't really know how to take this answer of his. And I think I am over analyzing it, because I'm bored. But I don't know.
    I just don't think I would say something like that, it just seems a little off.

On the other hand, we are perfectly happy, and he shows no signs of wandering away from me. So I'm just confused.

* Maybe it was the way he worded it. Because I would probably just say something like, curly hair, or maybe even mention my boyfriend. But he says Freckles on light skinned gals

And going to agree with the glasses.

(I do have freckles and he does love them.)

Jul 21, 2008, 02:39 PM
    That's what I thought. I just tend to get overtly paranoid, because of something that happened to me in a past relationship. But my current bf's wonderful, so my thoughts are irrational.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 02:56 PM
    I think you are reading too much into it.
    For all you know he could have seen a movie star or a librarian in glasses and thought how nice they look.
    rulebreaker Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 03:43 PM
    You said you wear them only at night - if you manage to satisfy his fantasy in that part of the day, then you're OK, you probably don't spend much time together during the day anyway... So I'd say relax, he's not going to leave you for one with glasses. Worst case scenario he's going to tell you to wear them more often.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 04:09 PM
    I'm attracted to big-lipped blonds. My wife of 23 years is neither of these things.

People in conversation are not the same as people in action. We are all attracted to many things, many things would go on a "list". Meanwhile, the "list" is by no means in charge of anything, least of all behavior.

Understand?

Trust your man's actions, not his words.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Yes, some of the things that I am attracted to have nothing in common with my wife. And I get slapped when I look at them. But often on profiles or my space we put things what we like, not what we have or what we will get. You are thinking way too much into this
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 05:44 PM
    I was the same way as you, I got cheated on in my past(flat out PLAYED) and it screwed up my entire relationship with my ex. There are ways to correct it, I did it with therapy, online courses and reading up about it and I am a completely changed person and my new relationship is flourishing because of it.

Jul 22, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Thank you all for your answers, they have been very helpful.
    I do believe I'm so paranoid because of what happened before, and he continues to prove me wrong. So I don't really know what I can do to keep from feeling like this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When Should I Be Concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 37 years old and have always had regular periods, until now. Last period started 1/13/08 and I started again on 1/27/08. This period is like a normal period with the cramps, heavy bleeding, etc. It's not just spotting. This isn't normal for me, so when should I be concerned? I'm not on...

I'm concerned [ 2 Answers ]

I use to have a regular period until I started taking the birth control shot. I only got it once and stopped cause I bled for 3 or 4 months so I switched to the pill and my cycly became regular. I stopped taking it and now I have a period every 14 days is this bad . How do I know when I'm ovulating?

Should I be concerned [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I am concerned about small bumps I have around my vaginal area. They do not hurt and are under the skin. They don't have any puss or aren't looking like pimples. I'm just concerned. Is it possible that this is an std? They are not hard and they just appeared. They don't itch and if I didn't...

Should I be concerned? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 2 months has just recently started talking about his past girlfriends. About what they would do if they were in certain cituations and all. Does he want them back? Or does he just miss them?

Concerned... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently swtiched from Yasmin birth control to Orthotrycycline. I've been taking them as directed by my dr. I just got switched to a new insurance company and had just now gotton the ability to get the prescriptions filled. So I have not had a pill since Sept. 8th (Weds.) My dr. told me to...

View more questions Search