Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    appolloniBAKER Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Giving up my dreams?
    Okay, I originally went to college for film I wanted to direct or produce and after one year I joined the army reserve and left school to move where my new husband was stationed. Now I'm an 'army wife' and mom which is common around here but my husband is getting out soon and I would like to go active duty in the army. I didn't deploy with my unit because I was pregnant. And I haven't drilled since and I feel like I joined and didn't do anything and I see what all of our friends and him do and I want that fullfillment. My husband on the other hand is very adiment that I do not do anything else with the army, but I have just sat here for 3 years and I want to DO something. Anyway I know he is just trying to protect me and doesn't want me to leave but I want to do something for me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2006, 08:48 AM
    This is where husbands and wives need those straight forward communication skills. Its obviuos hubby doesn't want his family split anymore than it has so just asking is a career or job a viable option or are you set on an army gig that could mean being deployed to Iraq or some other hotspot away from hubby and child? :cool:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 06:52 AM
    Hi,
    If you two can't agree on you doing more with the army, have you considered taking some night classes? If you want to do more for yourself, I am sure there are some jobs in your local area, maybe part-time, even full-time you could get into. Or, if you have to stick with something to do with the army, there might be some additional courses you could take, to improve yourself, maybe move into a different area of work with the army. I do wish you the best. I, too, would not want my spouse having to be deployed somewhere away from home for the next year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat (soon to be giving birth) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a couple of questions about my pregnant cat . Well I don't exactly know when the time of her getting pregnant was, but I think she is getting really close to giving birth to her kittens. First of all I would like to know if taking their temperature is an accurate way of telling whe nthey...

Girlfriend is giving me a headache [ 4 Answers ]

OKAY so... here I am almost 7 months after when the relationship started. Things began to get a little rocky a few weeks ago when school was starting. This semester I'm in right now means a lot to me, because I screwed up freshman year I'm now digging myself out of a hole, and after this...

Trouble with PC giving out VGA signal [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Was using my PC last night when all of a sudden it went off. Turning it back on again resuts in the monitor saying "No Signal" My first reaction was the graphics card but I had a spare and changed it but still no display. I should mention that when I turn my PC on I get no beeps and al the...

Help With Giving Roommate Bad Credit [ 2 Answers ]

While living with roommates, I was responsible for paying the power bill, even though the account was in another roommates name. I didn't pay the bill for a good portion of the year and it has finally shown up on my roommates credit. Is it possible to have the debt transferred to me, since it was...

View more questions Search