Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljen18 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Per Diem,
    Hey, can anyone help me with this question? If my Company allows me $30.00 per day Per Diem, and I only spend $20.00, is the other $10.00 mines, to expense? Buy the way, I use a Company credit card
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 22, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Whatever you charge on the Company Credit Card must be for work related expenses. Because you are allowed a per diem of 30.00 does not mean you must spend 30.00. If you only need to spend 20.00 on the business than that is as much as you spend on the credit card. You do not get to spend the other 10.00 for personal.

Shirley
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2008, 07:52 AM
    A lot depends on corporate policy. But if you are required to expense how you spend the per diem, then no, you don't get to keep it any difference between what you actually spend and the per diem amount.
    ljen18 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Thank you for your explanation on the Per Diem question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Per Diem in CA [ 8 Answers ]

I have received a daily per diem from a company I work for in San Francisco. I have now been in CA for a year, but still travel home for a week every month. The company has now taken my Per Diem saying that the new CA law states that after a year of subsistence it can be taxed. I have looked for...

Per diem [ 2 Answers ]

Can per diem be paid to employees who commute 40 miles or more to work, but do not stay away from home overnight? If so is this non taxable and if so, are receipts required? Or is the amount paid all taxable

PEr-Diem Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, is per-diem what a L1 person gets in US, is this taxable in US or not. I heard if you stay longer than 11 months in US per-diem is taxable otherwise not. Kindly clarify. And kindly provide the calculation matrix for various taxes like federal, GA state tax, SS tax, medical etc. Thanks SD

H1B and per diem and no w2 [ 1 Answers ]

H1B holder basic salary is paid in home country by home country employer who is in joint venture with H1B sponsor. Visa holder receives per diem amount in the US. He has not received any W2 or the like for 2005? What is his income for filing? Can he exclude the per diem payment? He is not from a...

View more questions Search