Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janemorales Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 04:09 PM
    independent probability
    Did I do this right?

5.62 – A certain airplane has two independent alternators to provide electrical power. The probability that a given alternator will fail on a 1 – hour flight is .02. What is the probability that (a) both will fail? (b) neither will fail? (c) one or the other will fail? Show all steps carefully.

(a) – P(F) x P(F) = .02 x .02 = .0004 both will fail
    (b) – (1-P(F)) x (1-P(F)) = .98 x .98 = .9604 neither will fail
    (c) – 1 - .9604 = .0396 one will fail
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Well done jane!
    janemorales Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Can this problem be answered using Excel? If so, how?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Independent student! [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a problem... my parents won't give me their tax info and I live by myself. I have my own house and I am completely on my own! Every time I try and apply for a loan or grant they tell me I need this info. I can't seem to get around it and my parents won't help out, the financial aid...

Independent or dependent? [ 4 Answers ]

"Hi, I am a 19 year old high school graduate. I currently work 40 hours A week and am notin school yet. My father told me that when I file my taxes to be sure that I file as a dependent so that he can get money, but then when I file as a dependent, I owe Money. Am I able to file independently...

Independent Contractor [ 2 Answers ]

As an independent contractor, What can be claimed on your taxes?

Independent Contractor [ 3 Answers ]

I am about to begin working online as an independent contractor. I understand that I will receive a 1099 MISC form at the end of the year. That's about all I understand. I live in Arkansas, and I was wondering... what percentage of what I make do I need to put up for taxes? And what if I would...

Independent Contractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I took on this part time job since last May and immediately they started paying me via Western Union and also Pay Pal. Never once did they ever discuss they'd be reporting wages, I always believed it was "under the table" money. They never had sign a W-9 or an independent Contractor form,...

View more questions Search