Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stg73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Summons served
    I was served a summons to answer about a credit card debt, I was never given the opportunity to have the debt validated, if I answer the summons can I still request the collection agency validate the debt after I answer the summons?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 04:49 PM
    File Notice of Intend to Defend at the court. Go to the hearing and simply statement " I cannot admit or deny the alleged debt, since the plaintiff has never verify the alleged debt. I hereby move to dismiss with prejudice since no valid claim has been verified." Remember this at the hearing they must pocess the oringial contract you signed, not a copy. SInce in toady world with computers documenta can be scan, copy and paste to anything
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2008, 04:58 PM
    File the Intent to Defend, then send a copy to the Plaintiff with a request for verification of the debt.
    keerthi1680 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stg73
    I was served a summons to answer about a credit card debt, I was never given the opportunity to have the debt validated, if i answer the summons can i still request the collection agency validate the debt after i answer the summons?
    It it is a summon from the court, you have to explain the reasons for non acceptance other wise it is an offence punishable under law.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by keerthi1680
    It it is a summon from the court, you have to explain the reasons for non acceptance other wise it is an offence punishable under law.
    Who said anything about non-acceptance?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still being served a summons [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so here's my situation. I owed Capital One about 6500 dollars. They got a law firm, Rubin and Rothman to contact me. He said if I don't pay by a certain date then they will proceed with the motions and something. He also said if I don't pay by friday(back in January last month) then the motion...

Being served a summons [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how a person is served with a summons for child support. Would it be mailed to his home or would he have to be served in person? Does it have to state on the support summons how this was done?

Served with Summons [ 3 Answers ]

I was served a summons from a lawyer. It has to do with collections of a credit card debt when I was laid off work 5 years ago. I have not paid on this in 5 years. The summons does not have a court date. It just says I must reply. Is there a certain way to respond to a summons? Do I need a lawyer...

Being served a summons [ 1 Answers ]

Can I be served a summons when I am in another country?

View more questions Search