Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kento16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Wiring a mobile home
    I'm running the service for my trailer and I need some help with it. I have a 200 amp panel in the home and a 200 amp panel on the pole. But the panel on the pole only has one set of lugs on the top of the main breaker. Do I need lugs on the bottom of the panel to put the wire in from the trailer to pole and use the lugs on the top to go from the outside panel to the meter?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 06:12 PM
    What is your level of expertise?

This is NOT a simple little project and there are quite a few codes to be concerned with.

Who put the service on the pole?
    Was it planned to feed a mobile home?

Jul 22, 2008, 11:47 AM
    I worked in the electrical union for about 2 years. But all I ever did was commercial work. I ran the service from the outside panel to the mobile home. I used 4-0 wire. Its is grounded to a ground rod that is 6 feet in the ground. The wire is buried in pvc about 3 feet in the ground. When I got the panel for the pole I didn't realize that I didn't get a mobile home panel. But I exchanged it and got the right one with top and bottom lugs. Is there other codes that I need to know that I am not aware of. If so that would be a lot of help

Jul 22, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman
    What is your level of expertise?

This is NOT a simple little project and there are quite a few codes to be concerned with.

Who put the service on the pole?
    Was it planned to feed a mobile home?
    I worked in the electrical union for about 2 years. But all I ever did was commercial work. I ran the service from the outside panel to the mobile home. I used 4-0 wire. Its is grounded to a ground rod that is 6 feet in the ground. The wire is buried in pvc about 3 feet in the ground. When I got the panel for the pole I didn't realize that I didn't get a mobile home panel. But I exchanged it and got the right one with top and bottom lugs. Is there other codes that I need to know that I am not aware of. If so that would be a lot of help
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Jul 22, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Seeing that you've done commercial electrical, can I assume you have an NEC book. If so, see NEC 550. Then, check with HUD for federal regulations--I believe title 24.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Wiring for mobile home swamp cooler [ 2 Answers ]

How do I install wiring for a thermostat, fan control, and swamp cooler in an older mobile home?

Mobile home a/c [ 2 Answers ]

Changed a 4 ton to a 5 ton unit in a mobile home uped duct size 12 to a 14 feeding other side of moblie home . It is freezing up what could be going wrong

Cat under Mobile Home [ 4 Answers ]

There is a cat under our mobile home. We had new skirting put on and somehow she got under there. We can not leave it open or other animals will go under the mobile. What to do to get it out. HELP!

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search