Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolee523 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Mom is moving
    My mom is moving to Florida. She wants me to go with the family, but I am settled here; I have a job go to school; also a boyfriend and a best friend. I know I will miss my family ut I really think I should stay. My mom also wants me to take the african grey parrot that she will eventually will to me, but my apartment is so small. I don't know if I should move or not? I have relocated in the past, but I do like the area I live in now.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
    An African Grey can whistle pretty loud. An apartment for him may be a no-go. Can you take him later when you have more room? Having him with you would be like having a friend though.

How old are you Jolee? You may be mature enough to handle things on your own, at least temporarily. You could move in with your mom in Florida if need be, later. No situation is permanent, even when we would like it to be, that's life.

Making a guess as to whether a situation will work out is just that, a guess. It's a guess for all of us. What do you want to do?
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
    How old are you? If you are legally an adult, there is nothing she can do to make you. Then it becomes your decision, and we can't make that for you. You know all the details and can know better what life is likely to be like both ways. Do what you think is best. There is really not a lot I can offer you in the way of advice here. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Assuming you are a adult, you do what you want. As for the parrot, well what ever makes you happy, for me, no way.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 20, 2008, 03:36 PM
    I'd say for now stay where you are, call your mom and tell her you'll miss her but I say stay with your BoyFriend and Best friend, as for the parrot I'd agree simone.
    Remember you can move later and you can visit her, but most important do what you feel is important.
    jolee523 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I am an adult. I have been out of the house since I was 18, but I will miss her very much when she leaves. I had many medical issues when I was younger which she would help me with, so when she leaves I will have to deal with them myself, and I know she will worry.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 20, 2008, 05:49 PM
    I see. Maybe you can set it up to where you call her at least every Sunday to chat, if you don't call her daily. The more you talk with her, the more comfortable she is likely to be. Worst case scenario, you try it for a couple of months and hate it and move to Florida. Good luck.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
    If you like where you are and your settled where your happy, then do not move...

Parents ties can be strong, but you need to realize that people move a way from each other and even though your going to miss her, there is no reason why you can not still keep in touch some way...

The other thing I want to mention is please, please do not feel guilty for staying and do not let anybody guilt you into making a move you do not want to...
    kittycatMandy Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Ummm... How old are you? 4? No! You do not have to do everything she says now. You are a woman. You make your own decisions. If you want to leave... LEAVE! If you want to stay... STAY! You are independent, you make your own decisions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving out [ 1 Answers ]

Where are some cheap apartments for rent. For no more than 300 a month in Indiana, or merrillville or sherillville Indiana

Moving out at age 15 [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, well I'm 15. I live in unsafe home and I need to move out because it effects me everyday. How do I move out? Do I have to go to court?

Moving on but moving backwards. [ 3 Answers ]

Its been over a year since me an my man split. We were together for 7 1/2 years. I don't know where we went wrong. I remember one day waking up beside him and him showing me a ring asking me to spend the rest of my life with him an that's when everything changed. We were engaged for only 3 months...

When is Moving Ok? [ 1 Answers ]

In a shared custody situation (custodial parent has 5 days, noncustodial has weekends) can the noncustodial parent move out of state during a pending court case for custody? A guardian ad litem has been appointed and has not yet met with the noncustodial parent and the child.

Moving? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are thinking about moving to Arizona, near laughlin. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like all year, what kind of job opportunities there are, etc. I've lived in California my entire life and I don't want to jump into something so quickly without knowing anything. Any...

View more questions Search