Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasra Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Apr 3, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Google
    Hi everyone,
    I wonder if you can help me, how do you delete histories on Google, now I know how to do this with Google tools, but at the moment I have Google as my home page and there are no tools when it is Google home page. I hope you understand my question.

Thanks all.:confused:
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Apr 3, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Not sure if you mean the ADDRESS bar or the SEARCH in Google or something else. But if it is either the ADDRESS bar or the SEARCH block then that has nothing to do with Google. That is a browser feature.

If you are using IE then choose TOOLS -> Internet Options -> Content Tab -> Auto-Complete. You can clear the form data there. To clear the web address bar history you can choose the General Tab in Internet Options and click Clear History.

In Firefox 1.5 choose TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> Privacy -> History Tab then click Clear Browser Histories Now. Then click the Saved Forms tab and click Clear Saved Form Data Now.

Hope that helps.

Casey
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Another option is to download freeware called Ccleaner (for "crap cleaner)...

just type in Ccleaner and maybe freeware at google or yahoo

when it installs you can enter the program through the desktop icon, or even easier, right click on the trash bin and select "run ccleaner"

It does a WONDERFUL job of dumping cookies and histories, it is reliable, and it takes a few clicks and a few seconds at most.

Hope this works.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2006, 07:25 AM
    Hi,
    I would to "second" CCleaner; available from:
    http://www.ccleaner.com

I do all the answer said before mine, and you can set any cookies you would like to keep. It does clear away History, with just two clicks.
    You can also use it to delete the "Index.dat" files, which can grow guite large using Internet Explorer. They will delete on re-boot, and rebuild the files automatically.
    Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google Earth [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Google earth plans to upgrade the resolution of itīs satellite images in the many areas that are currently at lower resolution?

Google Analytics. [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone use Google Analytics? I guess I don't keep up enough... I just got an invitation and have never heard of it before. I use Webalizer for web stats... is this one any better? Thanks!

Google? [ 8 Answers ]

How come so many people can't figure out how to do their own research into topics they're interested in? Is Google still that much of a mystery?

Google [ 1 Answers ]

Recently the Google tool bar disappeared from my browser home page. I went to Google and downloaded and installed the bar again but it does not appear in my browser under the address bar as it always has. The suggestions on the Google home page don't get it to show up and Google doesn't reply to...

View more questions Search