Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thermoskapo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Is being shy and queit a bad thing ladies?
    So is being shy or quiet in general a bad thing or a good thing a wondering,I'm the quiet type so what's the deal
    jenna47 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 12:56 AM
    Well when meeting new people being shy can potentially be a setback. Girls generally respond well to gregarious and charismatic guys. However, many girls are also drawn to the elusive quiet guy. It really depends on what kind of girl you're looking for (outgoing, quiet.. ). But it is true that most girls flock to the talkative friendly and confident guys.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 01:34 AM
    Its not a bad thing but yes it has some setbacks. You don't have to be as unhibited as movie stars but at least learn be confident to smile, greet, show courtesy and remember names.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jul 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Its not a bad thing. I am assuming you have trouble getting girls, and that is why you are posting the question.

I am a semi-quiet guy, so I can understand where you're coming from. I have had girlfriends, and some girls like me, so there is a way to get past it. The trick is self confidence.

I am in high school, so that is the best place ON EARTH to meet girls. I mean, girls, my own age, smart (at least most of them wanting an education and a life) and they are all so different. If you don't know what you want in a girlfriend in high school, you can date around and meet a variety of girls.

Anyway, I have gradually become less quiet around girls as I have been dating them, and spending more time around them.

Just know that you are a great guy. Keep up the confidence and self-esteem. Talk to girls! What is the worst that can happen? Just get to know a few girls as friends to get comfortable around them. That is what I did. Then, when you like a girl and want to ask her out, you can go to your female friends for help.

Quiet guys are always going to get less girls. BUT, that is only because quiet guys don't approach girls.
    The reason I was a quiet guy was fear of rejection. Just get past that fear. You will be much more confident, and will not be the quiet guy anymore.
    However, you will be rejected. It is going to happen! When it does happen, brush it off your shoulder and move on.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 11:50 PM
    For some reason, I have this notion that outspoken guys are more to impressed, unlike guys who are quiet type "most of a time" tells the truth.
    brianna111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 11:58 PM
    If you are the puite type, then you should except that
    That's who you are, and if the girl doesn't like that then maybe she isn't the right one for you
    The girl should like you for who you are

Just be yourself!

Good luck
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 12:40 AM
    Just be yourself. Girls wouldn't want all the same kind.
    batgirl2009 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2008, 03:49 PM
    I think shy guys are the coolest, once you establish a relationship and they feel more comfortable. They are typically the REALLY REALLY sweet ones. I think they rock!
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Jul 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
    No, its not bad, you do need to eventually warm up to people so they don't think you're rude but shy is OK. Im shy too.
    caged_bird Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 01:49 AM
    Well, I don't know much 'bout relationships, but id prefer a quiet guy over a loud one. The more quiet you are, the more mysterious you seem. And loud guys always seem to have something to brag about. Besides, shyness in a guy is kind of cute :p and rare to find :(
    cowandchicken Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 08:55 PM
    I like quiet boys.
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Jul 31, 2008, 03:52 AM
    Personally, I think quiet's cute . That could be just me but I'm sure there'is loads of people that think the same as me. Then again there's probably loads that don't. Just be yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the ladies [ 6 Answers ]

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweat- shirt. Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, What setting do I use on the washing machine?" "It depends," I replied. "What does it say on your shirt?" He yelled back, "University of Oklahoma." ...

View more questions Search