Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babydoll2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2006, 02:47 PM
    I have never met my mother
    I have been searching for my mother since I was 21 years old. I am now almost 31 and all I have found out was her name and date she married my dad and how old she was when she married my dad. I was not adopted. My dad raised me. For some reason my dad would not tell me anything about her and now he has been gone for almost 4 years now. I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on things I could do to maybe find out some more information on her. Thanks for your time reading this and if there is any you can give me then I would really appreciate it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2006, 06:08 PM
    If you know which state ( or can narrow it down to a few states ) you can pay for marriage records from that state. If you get a copy of their marriage licence it may have more identifing info on it ( depends on what they required back then)

Also if you know where she was from ( hopefully a small town area) you take her last name and start calling everyone in that area with that same last name and see if anyone knows her.

( smith in New York would not work well but Smithfeild in kelso Mo would)

And see your birth certificate, look at who the doctor was that delivered you, you may talk them into looking and seeing if there are any records left, with any information that may help you.

If you can find her social security number, a private detective should find her fairly easy.
    FALLINGSTAR Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babydoll2
    i have been searching for my mother since i was 21 years old. i am now almost 31 and all i have found out was her name and date she married my dad and how old she was when she married my dad. i was not adopted. my dad raised me. for some reason my dad would not tell me anything about her and now he has been gone for almost 4 years now. i was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on things i could do to maybe find out some more information on her. thanks for your time reading this and if there is any you can give me then i would really appreciate it.
    Babydoll, what was your mothers name? What do you mean your father is gone??

Apr 11, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FALLINGSTAR
    Babydoll, what was your mothers name ?? What do you mean your father is gone ???

My mothers name is alice marie kent and kent is her maiden name. My father died almost four years ago with cancer. So now I have no family except my husband and kids. Thanks for your time and interest in my problem

Apr 11, 2006, 09:56 AM
    I will look later tonight and see if I can find a listing for her anywhere, would she be listed as Alice Kent or by her married name ? Do you think she has met with foul play??

I also need to know what her married name was, what year approximately she took off and maybe a description?

Apr 17, 2006, 02:47 PM
    Hello Fallingstar, Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. Its been kind of hectic around here. Anyway my mothers maiden name was Kent and I don't know if she has gotten married since my father or not. Her last name when she was married to my father was Powell and she got married to him in April of 1974. The way dad talked she left right after I was born in 1975 but I don't know if that's true or exactly when they got a divorce. I also know that she was married once before my dad and her last name then was Stout. Thanks for your time and I appreciate any information you might find on her. Please get back to me anytime. If I don't answer right away, please be patient. I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Thanks again,
    babydoll2

Apr 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
    When I looked, the one time I have so far, there were many listings of her name across the U.S. (as is usually the case with any name ), do you know what age she might be, or her date of birth ? This might even narrow it down to one person. Phone numbers were listed with these names and addresses , so if you know her age, it might be as simple as me looking it up again, giving the number to you, and you meet mom!! :)

Apr 21, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Hello again, I appreciate what your doing for me. To take the time to look something up for some stranger is a remarkable thing your doing.
    Anyway my mother was 26 when she married my dad in 1974 so that would make her around 58 or 59 years old. Also the last time I heard anything about her was when I was about 8 years old and she was supposed to be somewhere in Florida but that's been quite a few years ago but maybe that will help. I was born in Texas in 1975 but all I could find there was her and my dads marriage license. I didn't find their divorce anywhere there and I know that they were divorced because my dad has been remarried quite a few times after her.
    Thanks again so much fir doing this. I don't know how I could repay you if something happens and I do meet my mother.

Hope to hear from you soon
    Thanks again,
    babydoll2

Apr 25, 2006, 09:44 AM
    I found these listings:

Alice Marie KentBirth Date: 1948
    Street Address: 16340 Ross Road
    City: Sulphur Springs
    County: Benton
    State: Arkansas
    Zip code: 72768

Living there: Alice M. Kent and Mark G. Kent

I am almost 100% positive this is your mother, Is this her brother or something?? It says she's 58 at this listing, (I don't know what year it was) I have their old phone number and address when they were living in Bella Vista, Benton Arkansas.Good Luck Baby Doll! Best Wishes!!

Apr 25, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Thank you so much for your help. I will let you know if this is her or if it leads me anywhere. You are such a wonderful person to be doing this for me. You have to be one of the nicest people I could ever have come in contact with. If you need anything at all please feel free to email me and I will do what I can to help you. Thanks again so much for your time and help and I will be in contact with you to let you know what happens.

Thanks again,
    babydoll2:o

Apr 26, 2006, 12:30 PM
    I'm really excited. Hope all goes well. I'm sure this is her, because the date of birth matched the marriage records that you had told me about.

Babydoll, it is enough to re-unite you with your family, you have no idea what a great feeling this is. :)
    fairy-dust Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 09:33 AM
    Are you adopted if so here a link tell them everything you know about your mum and that you want to find out some more info and I am sure they will help they help me a lot After Adoption Home Page
    tigerlily2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 04:32 PM
    I have the same question. When I was a baby I was told that my mother died. But I would like to know if this is for sure. All I have is my birth certificante and I don't know where my biogical father is. Where can I get info or how can I look for her. I already looked on ancetry.com for the social security death index there was no match with the name om my birth certificate where can I search for more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Please Help me help my mother [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is jermaine, I'm new to this board. My mother who is 65yrs of age has a occupier staying in her basement located in new york, he was paying a occupancy fee for a total of about 3-4 months. He stopped paying the occupancy fee in end of June and stated that he will be leaving leaving...

Please help my mother! [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is 73 years old and she has 30,000.00 in credit card debt. She has depleted her savings and gets $490. A month in social security. She owns a home in a cooperative in NJ and can't get a reverse mortgage because Nj doesn't allow that on cooperatives. She was advised not to go bankrupt...

Scared Mother [ 3 Answers ]

My oldest son is 18 almost 19 years old. He went to DJJ for breaking into several homes in our neighborhood. My son is very smart maybe too smart. After he was in DJJ for a couple of months they sent him to the Mental Hospital where he was diagnosed with Bipolar. He came home after being in a...

Will mother and son know each other? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old male cat. We got him from my grandfather who still has the mother and the sister. They were together until he was about 4 months old. If I brought my cat to see the mother and the sister, would he still recognize them? I would like to bring them together again but, I don't...

View more questions Search