Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Yeah we are having a large garage sale / yard sale next weekend, a combination of our stuff and my parent's things that they no longer want. We are living in their house and have just bought it from them... they are moving to a new retirement home on Vancouver Island, and so have lots of things to get rid of. Someone (I think Fr Chuck) mentioned donating the proceeds to charity, and that's what we're going to do. We just haven't decided what charity yet. If anyone has suggestions of a favorite charity, let me know. We want to "advertise" the charity at the yard sale.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 04:00 PM
    One of my personal favorite charities is St. Jude's Children's Research hospital here in the US. They take ANYONE no matter where you come from or what income you have and do not expect any re-payment for services if you cannot afford it. I happen to live 40 miles from there. They are working on cures for children's cancers. It takes 1 million $ just to open their doors every morning.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Oh yeah that's a good idea, I've heard of St. Jude's, I think they advertise for donations on Canadian TV as well. If not there are other children's hospitals here in Canada that we could also donate to. Great suggestion, thanks!
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jun 21, 2006, 05:42 PM
    I guess from her perspective she would like the first opportunity to get free stuff, rather than youths or someone else getting it.

Though this would be the outcome, it may be a swift judgement. I am sure she was thinking only of herself, and what she could get for free, not who was NOT getting it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Plasma Donation [ 4 Answers ]

Is Diarrhea a possible side effect of donating plasma? Also, are there any long term effects?

Donation of lot journal entry [ 2 Answers ]

How do I record donated lot of fair market value of $25,000? I have Land $25,000 Cash $25,000

Blood Donation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if every pint of blood is tested when you donate blood. Thanks

Blood donation and AIDS [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to know... how safe donated blood is from the HIV considering a person who has the HIV can't be detected if he is still in the window period.if he has donated blood during that period and wasn't detected as HIV +ve... isnt his blood contaminated? Won't it transmit the virus to the...

Tax help on donation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there,

View more questions Search