Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 19, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Can Obama legally be president?
    This came in as an email. Is there a constitutional lawyer out there who can tell us if the law quoted below is authentic or not?

CAN OBAMA LEGALLY BE PRESIDENT?

It seems that Barack Obama is not qualified to be president after all for
    the following reason:

Barack Obama is not legally a U.S. natural-born citizen according to the law
    on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between "December 24,
    1952 to November 13, 1986? Presidential office requires a natural-born
    citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. citizen parents. John McCain
    was born to two US citizens even though he was born in the Panama Canal .

Law very clearly stipulates: ". If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the
    time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for
    at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16."
    Barack Obama's father was not a U.S. citizen and Obama's mother was only 18
    when Obama was born, which means though she had been a U.S. citizen for 10
    years, (or citizen perhaps because of Hawaii being a territory, not yet a
    State... ) the mother fails the test for being so for at least 5 years
    **prior to** Barack Obama's birth, but *after* age 16. It doesn't matter
    *after* . In essence, she was not old enough to qualify her son for
    automatic U.S. citizenship.

At most, there were only 2 years elapsed since his mother turned 16 at the
    time of Barack Obama's birth when she was 18 in Hawaii . His mother would
    have needed to have been 16+5= 21 years old, at the time of Barack Obama's
    birth for him to have been a natural-born citizen. As aforementioned, she
    was a young college student at the time, and was not. Barack Obama was
    already 3 years old at that time his mother would have needed to have waited
    to have him as the only U.S. Citizen parent. Obama instead should have been
    naturalized, but even then, that would still disqualify him from holding the
    office.

Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President. ***
    Though Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, all the other info
    does not matter because his mother is the one who needed to have been a U.S.
    citizen for 10 years prior to his birth, on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those
    years being after age 16. Furthermore, Obama may have had to have remained
    in this country for some time to protect any citizenship he would have had,
    rather than living in Indonesia as he did.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2008, 04:22 PM
    And they say an official birth certificate has not been shown for him
    One that looks like a copy and paste is being accepted by his followers

... who knows!
    But they will probably come up with an exception and allow him to be pres if it were proven he is not a legal resident

... again who knows!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Nope, one of the scam emails, not worth the time to read all of it.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jul 20, 2008, 11:05 AM
    This is something surely worth looking into just to remove the doubt. It is much too important to just ignore.

http://justsaynodeal.com/

P.U.M.A: Howard Dean Schemes To Shut Down Democratic Convention

And for ALL Obamanots:

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

Welcome to WriteHillaryIn.com

Jul 20, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Where would we look to find the pertinent law and read it for ourselves? How about it, paralegals? I'm not in favor of ingnoring this until I read something definite.
    Apologies, Chuck, but are you a lawyer or paralegal?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 20, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Galveston, with thousands of Republican lawyers licking their chops for the headlines in an effort to save John McCain from the jaws of defeat, wouldn't you think that if there was an ounce of evidence anyone of them would had already tried this case and won?? Multiple times over if possible?? We are talking highly educated people here. Listen! A similar ruckus was brought out against John McCain. John McCain and Barack Obama didn't become Senators and get nominated for the presidency incognito. Fr_Chuck is correct. It's just back and forth typical campaign nonsense that's generated on the web. BTW I worked a year in an OKC law firm back in the late 80's. No, I'm not a lawyer. I filed necessary documents for trying cases with the courts and assisted in billing, part time, back in the day.

snopes.com: Is Barack Obama a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jul 21, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Where would we look to find the pertinent law and read it for ourselves? How about it, paralegals? I'm not in favor of ingnoring this until I read something definite.
    Apologies, Chuck, but are you a lawyer or paralegal?
    Galv, here are very interesting findings from a researcher whose credentials are presented for all to read and are most impresssive. It shows in graphic detail what you and many others are trying to ascertain! Given these findings, this simply cannot be ignored any longer and must be addressed once and for all BEFORE the convention! Now is the time to push for serious consideration to this matter!

Forensics Expert: Obama Birth Certificate is a Forgery : NO QUARTER

Just Say No Deal

Hillary Grassroots Campaign

And for ALL Obamanots:

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

Welcome to WriteHillaryIn.com

Jul 21, 2008, 08:34 PM
    "Forensics Expert: Obama Birth Certificate is a Forgery : NO QUARTER"

A nitwit wrote the article above and titled it as a "Birth Certificate," when the subject is a "Certificate of Live Birth" that was presented by KOS, not a birth certificate. Like I mentioned earlier, with all the money in the Pubs coffers (and during Hillary's campaign) they would had already done all the research and took this to court and won had there been real evidence to prove that Obama is not legally eligible to be president.

The Strata-Sphere » The End Of The COLB Cult - Myth Busted Again

Jul 22, 2008, 10:57 AM
    After reading the report, the author's credentials, and seeing the differences pointed out, I am fully convinced that this smells like a fish market. The document is obviously false, and used to cover up--what?
    Maybe the wrecking crew is waiting until a little nearer the Dem convention?
    At any rate, this needs hearing in the courts in order to keep our political system free from this kind of cloud.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Fight the Smears | The truth about Barack's birth certificate
    Here you go. This question has been posted and here is the proof that everything is on the up and up.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Jul 22, 2008, 11:15 AM
    It should be very interesting in lieu of what I've just read about him to see how it all goes. I hope it works out for all you Americans. I truly do. I have no opinion on the man, myself. I don't usually like to make judgement until I see some action. I hope that doesn't offend anyone. It's my belief that the U.S. is ready for some changes. I think he's a HUGE change. Let's just stand back and not assume the worst quite yet. I think good things are about to unfold, at the very least it will be very different than Bush's time on the throne. From what I gathered a lot of people. Didn't like the way Bush led the country. I also feel that the document is untrue. You can't believe everything that you read.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Have you noticed? The negative campaigning on this site is overwhelmingly with the McCain/Republican types. Also I haven't heard of any mass emails going out with false information about McCain.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Have you noticed? The negative campaigning on this site is overwhelmingly with the McCain/Republican types. Alos I haven't heard of any mass emails going out with false information about McCain.
    Who needs false info about McCain when the truth does more damage. Do you think he ever asked anyone Hey can you give me directions on how to get to the information superhighway I've been driving around all day and I can't find it!!

Jul 22, 2008, 03:13 PM
    I'm just waiting for the anti-Obama POTUS requirement lynch-necks to put their money where their mouths are and prove their charge through the legal system. They seem to think they know more about Obama than our government officials in knowledge of proof of eligibility. I beg the differ. They don't even read simple English in context as to "birth certificate" as opposed to "certificate of live birth," that was presented by KOS, which is not the certificate (or certificates) in Obama's possession. There's a very good reason that John McCain, with all the money Cindy has, is not pursuing legal counsel and taking this seriously. McCain's antiquated, sometime stubborn, and a bit out there on other issues, but he's not that foolish.

Jul 22, 2008, 04:39 PM
    So it's a "Certificate of Live Birth". At the bottom, we are told that alterations void the certificate. If it were not an important document, alterations would mean nothing. We are not going to solve anything in this thread.
    The certificate apparently was altered. The posting on the smear site merely shows a certificate, making no defence about the claim that it is altered or a forgery. If it was not altered, Obama should present the document to a reputable, independent, agency with the equipment and expertise to show the claims as false, not just post something saying it ain't so.
    With all this, we don't even know for sure who he is.

Jul 22, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Well Galveston if the KOS document in question is an important document to the government, why don't you prove what thousands of highly educated Republican lawyers cannot?? You really think they just let candidates swear into the presidential office without proof of qualifications?
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Dear God,
    How stupid is McCain to not know this and use this to invalidate this worthy opponent? McCain and his advisers must be total idiots to miss this, who in their right mind would vote for such inept people??

Jul 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
    None of your rants explain the alterations. Maybe there is some legal action being initiated. Who knows? ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and maybe FOX are not likely to tell us, now are they?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 11:38 AM
    None of your rants explain the alterations. Maybe there is some legal action being initiated. Who knows? ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and maybe FOX are not likely to tell us, now are they?
    McCain needs the media to report it before he acts on it? Is this what you are telling me?
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 12:01 PM
    So it's a "Certificate of Live Birth". At the bottom, we are told that alterations void the certificate. If it were not an important document, alterations would mean nothing. We are not going to solve anything in this thread.
    The certificate apparently was altered. The posting on the smear site merely shows a certificate, making no defence about the claim that it is altered or a forgery. If it was not altered, Obama should present the document to a reputable, independent, agency with the equipment and expertise to show the claims as false, not just post something saying it ain't so.
    With all this, we don't even know for sure who he is.

So let me get this straight you take a random email you received (I am sure a trusted friend forwarded it to you) as truth. But when his BC is sitting right there from Obama's own website that can't be true. Let me ask you have you started the process of giving a Nigerian man money because he emailed you and told you he has millions and just needs someone from the U.S. to help him get the money? Cause if you believe this email about Obama's BC then you surely fell for that Nigerian scam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The next president Obama [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys what do you think about Obama being the next president? Do you think he's the Anti Christ? The Bible does talk about Israel being wiped of the map! :eek:

Best president [ 20 Answers ]

Who gets your vote as the best U.S. president during the past 50 years? Why?

President [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for Bill clinton to become president again?

If you were president [ 9 Answers ]

If you were president what would you do to fix the Untied States problems.

View more questions Search