Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I am amazed at the amount of people who think that age doesn't matter. Watch an episode of "To Catch A Predator" the guys on that show seem to think age does matter. It matters a lot, it will alter your life forever. You get caught, you can be put into jail and have the branded name of "child predator" for the rest of your life.

Another thing, the U.S law doesn't say "No sexual acts between an adult and a minor if they are of the opposite sex but if they are the same sex, well that's okay" IT'S NOT RIGHT EVER!
    Rabbit91 Posts: 74, Reputation: -5
    -

Jul 31, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Comment on Romefalls19's post
    There is a certain barrier between maturity and "what is right." There is such thing as true love.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit91
    Are you guys 2years or 3 years apart?

Like is she turning 15 really soon? while your not turning 18 till next year?

Anyways- I think its ok, you can't get each other pregnant. The maturity levels might be a tad uneven. But if your both mature enough I say age has no limits.

May I ask where you live?
    Rabbit91 : There is a certain barrier between maturity and "what is right." There is such thing as true love.

This has nothing to do with what you posted above.

If it is true love it can wait another year or two. You give no regard to laws or real consequences in your replies.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Rabbit91 : There is a certain barrier between maturity and "what is right." There is such thing as true love.

This has nothing to do with what you posted above.

If it is true love it can wait another year or two. You give no regard to laws or real consequences in your replies.

Exactly, I wouldn't have disagreed had she mentioned the laws. I mean, hey if age and laws don't matter, then serving 10-15 years in state prison shouldn't either
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 11:31 AM
    2 years is not a big barrier - that is what im saying.

Maturity is more important then a 'number.'

If a 16year old with alot of maturity is in a relationship with a 20 year old with maturity what is the problem? (besides an invisible -age difference?)

Rather then a 20 year old who is extremely immature in a relationship with a 20 yearold who is also immature?

Hmm... think outside of the box.
    The fact that the police can arrest the 20 year old, and now can do so WITHOUT the parents calling.(unless that law hasn't been passed yet, I will have to check) But either way, If it's true love, it waits and will stick around.
    tolerance Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Jul 31, 2008, 11:32 AM
    I would never allow my daughter to date a 17 year old at the age of 14. My daughter would not be able to date anyway until 16, like me, and it must be in her age group. I would like to see what a lot of people that says age doesn't matter, what would allow your daughter to do at the age? She must have some doubts about it also if she asking.

Secondly, you have other problems. Why would you want this girl to be your rebound. What happen if you were able to date her and decide to get back with your ex. It sounds like you still have a lot of growing up to do.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 31, 2008, 11:36 AM
    See in other posts, You guys say things like.. Oh that shouldn't matter, if you likes someone why let.. (Blah Blah Blah) effect whether you like someone.

I personally don't feel that age is horrable. I have always dated older boys, but I was more mature... at 13 or 14.

Age doesn't determine someone, it determines experiences. How can a Law be right for everyone? Don't take that out of context. Im talking about the age law. Even when someone is caught who was in a relationship with the younger person, they try not to post them on the sex offender list.

I think if someone is in high school, and surrounded by boys or girls of all grades and ages. That it should be OK. How can you help feeling attracted to that person? You can't sit there and say.. "Well, we have everything in common.. but OH NO, we can't date cause your 2 or 3 years older then me. " Love comes in all packages, and I know there is always a possibility of a older man preying on a young female. But Im saying high school should be OK. Not a 21 year old dating a 14 year old.. Does that makes sense?
    Ultra Member

Tolerance, to further add, while I don't have daughters directly, my present girlfriend has 2. We were discussing what ifs 2 nights ago, and we were setting rules we think were fair. When we got to dating, she asked when the age I would want them to date at was, I said 18 right off the bat ha ha. Surprising, she agreed because she didn't date until she was 18. So I think I lucked out ha ha!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

That's the thinking that leads to living in a box, 15 years to life!! Play it safe, and ask your parents first, before you jump out of that box. That's maturity!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

If a 16year old with alot of maturity is in a relationship with a 20 year old with maturity what is the problem? (besides an invisible -age difference?)

Rather then a 20 year old who is extremely immature in a relationship with a 20 yearold who is also immature?

The point is that its NOT an invisible number. The fact is that age DOES matter, both legally and practically, when one party is a legal adult and the other is a legal minor. And all the teenage romanticists who want to believe that true love conquers all, need a wake up call.
    -

Jul 31, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Agreed, I am very comfy in my Best buy box.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 11:42 AM
    I think if someone is in high school, and surrounded by boys or girls of all grades and ages. That it should be OK.
    Lets put the law aside for a second, when in doubt ask your parents, that's what makes it OK, or not. What, scared of what they will say??
    drummergirl6 Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Are you guys 2years or 3 years apart?

Like is she turning 15 really soon? while your not turning 18 till next year?

Anyways- I think its ok, you can't get each other pregnant. The maturity levels might be a tad uneven. But if your both mature enough I say age has no limits.

May I ask where you live?

I live in the midlands... and she is 15 before I turn 18
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 11:44 AM
    He's just some punk kid who thinks he knows everything. *shakes head at future generation*

I hope the first guy who tries to date my daughter understands he will get a 12 page novel on "HOW TO TREAT MY DAUGHTER" and the last line will read "I have a shotgun, shovel and 12 acres of land.....They WILL NOT find you...Have a nice night"
    -

Jul 31, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Comment on drummergirl6's post
    Enjoy the ReP
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Part of the problem here is that it is NOT a 16 year old and a 20 year old. Have you "read" the OP? As far as maturity is concerned, a 17 year old, if at a proper maturity level, would know better than to engage in a relationship with a CHILD!

This has nothing to do with "pregnancy". It has everything to do with the "life" on a young girl who has yet to figure out herself. Leave the gender out of this for a minute, although there is a whole different discussion on the that part of it. A 14 year old girl cannot informatively make life changing decisions based on experience with the lack of maturity that comes with that age. Bottom line, IT IS WRONG, on so many levels!
    -

Comment on ScottGem's post
    Good answer
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    He's just some punk kid who thinks he knows everything. *shakes head at future generation*

I hope the first guy who tries to date my daughter understands he will get a 12 page novel on "HOW TO TREAT MY DAUGHTER" and the last line will read "I have a shotgun, shovel and 12 acres of land.....They WILL NOT find you...Have a nice night"
    Do you have room on those 12 acres for the first guy that dates my daughter? ;)

In regards to Rabbit, hopefully the mods are watching him, he has given very bad advice on allot of threads, I'm actually surprised he's still here.
    -

Jul 31, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Comment on starbuck8's post
    Frappuccino at starbucks... yummeh!
    drummergirl6 Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19

Lol I like that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where to go at on a date [ 7 Answers ]

Where is the best place to have a date?

What should I do after the first date? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, What should I do after my first date with a guy? I want to show him that I am interested in having a secnd date with him, but I don't want make him mistake that I already want a relationship. I made some mistake before by expressing it... I ended up making the guys thought I...

Is it a date? [ 7 Answers ]

OK I made a friend with a girl we talk and all of that but I asked her if she would like to go to the movies and she said yes does that mean it's a date or just regular?

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search