Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAREALIST Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 12:23 PM
    ANALYZE the concept
    Analyze the concept of Separation of Powers in the American democracy? What do you all think?

My answer::

Help me please

The concept of separation of powers is not a new one, nor is it confined in its operation to modern democracies. Even the notion that the most efficient separation is into three distinct bodies, rather than some other number, is an ancient one. This concept is accepted in all democratic countries it’s not specific for USA.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 23, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Sounds like a homework question. You're missing the point. The purpose is in not giving one branch too much power. Develop your essay from that point...

-
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 05:11 AM
    To understand the American version of separation of powers you need to study the writings of the philosopher Montesquieu on the subject as a starting point. In the US it is implicit in the Constitution that there is a separation (it does not explicitly state there is one) . That gives the branches the ability to shift the balance of power from time to time . The history of the US shows that there is a constant tension between the branches and their power rises and shrinks accordingly .
    Another good place to understand the US concept is in the 'Federalist Papers ' . Federalist # 51 Madison said :"Ambition must be made to counteract ambition." The constant struggle between the branches does not promote efficient government . It is designed to limit government.

Also read Madison in Federalist #47
    The Federalist #47

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Analyze strategies [ 1 Answers ]

The hawks lost to the Orioles by 4 runs. There were 18 Runs scored in the game. How many runs did the Orioles score?

Analyze Strategies [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here we go now remember its 3rd grade Math Im sure I am making it harder then it is. Suppose Susan wants 49 boxes of light bulbs. She can order them in packs of 10 boxes or 1 box at a time. How many ways can she order 49 boxes?

Homework Analyze [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me how you analyze this problem I am completely lost here?? Analyze the liquidity of Circuit City using each of the following analytical tools: current ratio, acid-test ratio, working capital, inventory turnover ratio, and accounts receivable turnover ratio. (Note: all...

Analyze [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me how you analyze this problem I am completely lost here?? Analyze the liquidity of Circuit City using each of the following analytical tools: current ratio, acid-test ratio, working capital, inventory turnover ratio, and accounts receivable turnover ratio. (Note: all...

Analyze This [ 7 Answers ]

Have you ever gotten tired of everyone around you (friends, family, co-workers, lovers, anyone and everyone) and felt that you want to be alone? It's not that you don't like them, and you certainly think that relationships are important to you, but you're just really tired of maintaining these...

View more questions Search