Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Why is it good to save yourself for true love? Although I find this a self-explanatory question, I will answer. It's respectable, you won't transfer std's (unless born with them) to your first partner, no unplanned pregnancies, no worries about birth control, and the person that finally is "the one" will know he's the one when the two of you make love for the first time.
    lf156 Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Why is it good to save yourself for true love? Although I find this a self-explanatory question, I will answer. It's respectable, you won't transfer std's (unless born with them) to your first partner, no unplanned pregnancies, no worries about birth control, and the person that finally is "the one" will know he's the one when the two of you make love for the first time.
    Oh no, I meant that I asked the other question because I thought you could relate in some way.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Prove your love, pressured, drugged, convinced, some "in exchange for something", everybody is doing it...

Just don't engage into sex for wrong reasons. At this age you may now know who's worth the wait. Shallow maniacs out!
    bearsowner Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2008, 04:42 PM
    OK here is my experience... if you are spiritual and live by a belief like I did that it is the right thing to do then you will look for a man with the same belief system as yourself. If there is another reason then to answer your question I would need to know why. Who cares what anyone thinks and if they don't want to date you they are doing you a favor. Find a compatible respectable guy who loves that about you.

Jul 24, 2008, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira
    Prove your love, pressured, drugged, convinced, some "in exchange for something", everybody is doing it......

Just dont engage into sex for wrong reasons. At this age you may now know who's worth the wait. Shallow maniacs out!
    Well, yeah, that's why I still haven't had sex.
    ncrazyfr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lf156
    Oh, ok. I was just wondering why you thought it was good that I am one.

Nice 2 hear there are people like me still virgin!! Wow I'm not alone.. lol :)
    ncrazyfr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Is it true that men don't like dating women who are still virgins in their 20's?
    If you're a guy: Would you break up with someone you have been going out with if you found out she is a virgin?
    Besides, I would LOVE to date a woman who is a virgin !
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ncrazyfr
    besides, i would LOVE to date a woman who is a virgin !
    There are some out there...

Jul 24, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Not many people have said that here, but the general impression guys get and even some of friends in fact is that there must be something wrong with me or abnormal about me to be a virgin at this 'old' age.

Jul 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Not many people have said that here, but the general impression guys get and even some of friends infact is that there must be something wrong with me or abnormal about me to be a virgin at this 'old' age.
    Don't think of being a virgin as bad... it may be good too

Those guys you have been with are shallow... stupid idiots~

Jul 24, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Yeah well,
    I was talking to a couple of my friends yesterday; they told me that I can only blame myself for still being inexperienced, etc. They said that it is understandable that guys don 't want to be with me because virginity at my age sends the wrong message across, and it is only natural that they wouldn't want to be with me any longer.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Certain men. A respectable man will respect your decision even if he hasn't made the same decision. Don't compromise your beliefs just to find a relationship. The one that captures your heart will be the one that will wait.

You know, there are certain dating sites for virgins. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. But if you want to meet people with similar beliefs, I would Google it.

GOOGLE IS MY SAVIOR!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Lf156, yeah well,
    I was talking to a couple of my friends yesterday; they told me that I can only blame myself for still being inexperienced, etc.
    They are only partly right, as there can never be any blame for following your own path, and not giving in to the ways that others would have you believe is correct.
    They said that it is understandable that guys don 't want to be with me because virginity at my age sends the wrong message across,
    Again they are only partly right, some guys don't care about the female enough to be bothered with anything that they have to work at. Maybe that's all that you have known, or maybe there is something else you need to know, besides your being a virgin, that turns men away.
    and it is only natural that they wouldn't want to be with me any longer
    Again maybe you can look at yourself honestly and find another factor involved that can prevent men from knowing you, or prevent them from getting to know you.

If you can honestly say you don't use your virginity as a weapon that prevents a guy from thinking that's it's a relationship or nothing, then you must not be into dating for fun, and making friends.

For the life of me, I can't fathom the reason a casual acquaintance or a potential date would even know your personal business, unless you tell them very early, or carry yourself as unapproachable for dating and fun that young people like yourself do. That's how you get to know if its worth pursuing as you get to know, and understand each other.

I can understand if you have dated, and not found someone who meets your standard for a relationship. What I do not understand, is your blaming it on your virginity.

Maybe your choice of dates, would be a better place to put the blame. Help me understand as this is not logical to me.

Jul 24, 2008, 11:30 PM
    A few times it didn't work for other reasons(long distance, work, etc.), but some of the guys who I had been with for quite a while and was fairly close with felt that they didn't want to be with a virgin. I am not blaming it on my virginity, it was the reason they gave me. And from what I've gathered from friends and other websites is that it's apparently how most guys would respond.
    Also, it is not an issue that I brought up myself, they started to talk about sex and ask me stuff about my sex life, and no, not as soon as we start dating, after being together for a while.
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Ever dated a guy beyond 6 months?

Jul 25, 2008, 12:41 AM
    Ages ago

Jul 25, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Certain men. A respectable man will respect your decision even if he hasn't made the same decision. Don't compromise your beliefs just to find a relationship. The one that captures your heart will be the one that will wait.

You know, there are certain dating sites for virgins. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. But if you want to meet people with similar beliefs, I would google it.

GOOGLE IS MY SAVIOR!
    Hehe, don't think I'm going to do that yet, but maybe in the future :P
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Ever think of broadening your circle of people and activities?? I think your attractting the same type of guy, what do you think??

Jul 25, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Ever think of broadening your circle of people and activities???? I think your attractting the same type of guy, what do you think????
    I don't think I'm attracting the same type of guy, unless you mean their attitude towards my inexperience?

Jul 25, 2008, 09:45 AM
    I don't think I'm attracting the same type of guy, unless you mean their attitude towards my inexperience?
    I guess you can say that.

Being a virgin is all right... nonvirgin is all right

In my eyes, I'd rather date virgins cause I'm not very experienced... I've only had sex with one girl... that was it~

I'm 19

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would you consider yourself a virgin? [ 11 Answers ]

When you consider yourself a not a virgin, what does this mean? How much does the penis have to be in to be a virgin? What if the guy is in like with the tip of his penis like a centimeter... are u a virgin still?

22 and still a virgin [ 12 Answers ]

Hie.. most the time in my life I am confused taking my virginity. Well, I had a girlfriend couple of years back. I didn't have sex with her as it was a very superficial thing for me. I had a true respect and feelings for her as I was not sure about our marriage I never thought of cheating on her...

So I'm a virgin at age of 17 [ 7 Answers ]

Im not coming into this saying I'm depressed or sad about being a virgin. Because I can say I have a lot of close friends that are girls ,all tha jazz. It just doesn't make sense that people think because you're a virgin your impossible to date:mad: , I'm mean through out my teenhood I've had 3...

Virgin or not? [ 13 Answers ]

How do you know whether you are a virgin or not?

I'm still a virgin [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I'm still a virgin, my penis feels weird when it gets hard. Well that question is that there's a sort of skin holding my head and my skin of penis? I want to know if is going to hurt when I have sex, or could I go to the doctor to take it away? Any help would be highly aprreciated.. ;)

View more questions Search