Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    15fortune Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 01:47 AM
    Management accounting- recording 'other selling and admin costs' in the ledger.
    Hi

I am stuck on an assignment question in management accounting where I must record information into ledger accounts including the accounts - Material control; Factory labour accrued; Factory overhead control; Work in process; and the Finished goods account.

I am not sure how to record 'other selling and admin costs'. I am thinking the credit side may be to the finished goods account but I am not sure. I am also not sure what the debit side would be- would be Cost of Goods sold?

Thanks!:confused:
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 19, 2008, 04:00 AM
    The debit side of this account is the title 'other selling and admin costs' itself. The credit side varies; basically, it is, but not limited to, cash or accounts payable .
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Keep in mind that costs of goods sold is the accumulation of product costs that went into the product you sold. Selling & admin aren't product costs -- they aren't part of the manufacturing process, so it can't go into any of your new manufacturing accounts. Product costs are only direct materials, direct labor and overhead. Selling & admin are period costs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling my house costs through a lawyer [ 3 Answers ]

I want to sell my house to my neighbor next door. He has bought houses on both sides of me. Now he wants to buy my house also. I owe 41,000.00 on it and it is worth 200,000.00 +. He wants to give me 220,000.00 dollars for it. I will use the money I get from the sell of my house to buy another one...

Accounting Sales Price Variable Material Costs Fixed Monthly Costs [ 0 Answers ]

I have no clue where to begen with this, I could use some help! Its due on Friday night and the teacher as done nothing to help here. I'm totally lost. The individual portion of this assignment is for each person to produce his/her own solution to the following. Claire’s Antiques has fixed cost...

Accounting general ledger [ 5 Answers ]

My employee has his pay check garnished for child support and I pay the bill for him to the child support unit. What do I put the garnishment under and the payment under so it comes out in my general ledger. Do I use expense, income, lialibity etc..

View more questions Search