Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajaysabari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Canon SLR
    Hello there,

I am using Canon Powershot A630 for last 1 year with satisfactory performance.Now I would like to buy one normal SLR model.May I know which is the suitable model for me.Is it compulsory to buy extra lenses with all SLR cameras?Is there any models which can be used without any extra costly lenses.

Thanking you,
    Ajay
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 09:22 AM
    It really depends on the type of photography you are interested in.

If you are doing mostly portrait type shots, the extra lenses are really not needed.

If you prefer landscape, or nature type photos, then the telephoto and wide angle lenses would serve you well.

There are many good SLR cameras out there, Cannon, Minolta, Nikon just to name a few.
    lschoeggl Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2008, 08:21 AM
    The Canon Rebel series is a good entry-level Canon SLR to start with. You can purchase just the camera only (body) and lens separately, or they are commonly sold as a kit with an 18-55mm lens. In terms that you are used to with a compact camera, this is roughly equivalent to a 3x optical zoom. Many have said that a 50mm focal length is similar to what our eye naturally sees, so don't expect to be able to "zoom in" a lot with that lens. If you are wanting to zoom further, you'll need to either purchase additional lenses (most likely a 70-300), or choose to buy just the body and then pick a lens with more flexibility (28-105mm, or the image stabilized 28-135, for example) as your sole lens.
    okinawa Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 08:41 PM
    The Canon Digital Rebel is a decent camera, I would upgrade the kit lens though.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 9, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Look into :

My recommendation :

It would help if you informed us what you are interested in shooting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon bjc-620 [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: My canon printer recently needed new ink cartridges and after changing them all, it won't print! I turn it on and it beeps and the error light comes on and all the ink lights start flashing. I have tried to clean the ink heads and it won't let me even do that, it still just comes up with...

Confused b/w canon 890/950 [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning to get a new canon digicam. Will use it for usual photography i.e. for trips, occasional indoor snaps etc... I am confused b/w canon SD 890IS and canon SD 950IS.price is not an issue.could you suggest which one is better in terms of image quality/features etc? Does one have the edge...

MP 600 canon [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a canon MP600 for about 10 months. It is reading an error message telling me I have a paper jam when clearly I don't. Any suggestions?

Canon MP600 [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to print from the PC it makes a clunking sound and says "no paper" yet there is plently of paper - not jamed, loose. If I scan print from the printer it works perfectly. I have reinstalled the software & that made no diffence. Please help!

Canon BJC-620 problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have an old Canon BJC-620 printer... well, actually 3 of them... and all do the same thing. When I power up, it does it's little thing then beeps and the error light stays on along with the black ink light flashing and the ink light...

View more questions Search