Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xodiana Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Value of Bond
    You own a bond that pays a 12% annualized semi-annual coupon rate. The bond has 10 years to maturity. If the discount rate suddenly moves from 14% to 16%, then what is the dollar increase (decrease) in value for the bond?

When I worked this problem for the 14% discount I 895.68 when I added the PV of coupons & PV of principal. Then for the 16% discount I got 806.67 when I added the PV of coupons and PV of principal, which would make the difference an 89.01 decrease. The answer in the book says it should be a 90.42 difference. I don't know what I did wrong or if the answer I got is correct and the book made a mistake.
    homeadv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 06:21 PM
    $1,000 par value bonds at 7 percent, the bonds mature in 25 years is the present yield to maturity $998.8?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

PR bond [ 1 Answers ]

What is a pr bond and is there a cost?

What is a bond for? [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting a new water and fire restoration company and would like to know why potential customers are looking for a bond as well as insurance. Does anyone have experience with this?

View more questions Search