Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heavenly0719 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Fathers rights
    My husband has an child outside of our home that we are suppose to get every other weekends, my husband pays his child support it comes out of his check weekly but the mother of the child will not obey the court order that the court has set for us to visit the other child, and now my husband is wanting to sign his rights over but he doesn't know if he can , I know that this is hard but it is like me and my husband are babysitters instead of parents for this child and all we do is get the child when I mother needs an babysitter, so my question is can he legally sign his rights over as a father being treated wrong
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
    He can not sign away his rights to get out of child support he can go back to court and tell them he needs it reinforced because she is refusing to allow him to have his visits.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 05:52 PM
    If he does get to sign his rights away, that will not stop the child support, only stop him having any say in the child's life.

So you take her back to court and try to have her found in contempt for violating the court order.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 18, 2008, 06:07 PM
    If you read the hundreds of threads on this issue in this forum, you would already have your answer. The judge can hold the mother in contempt of court and force her to turn the child over. Instead of giving up on the child fight got him.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:18 PM
    What you are better off doing is going back to court to have the visitation enforced she will most likely be given a warning but she can be held in contempt over not abiding by the court ordered visitation.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 07:29 PM
    What state are you in ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

If I am a father and my name is on the birth certificate of the baby, does that give me any rights to see the baby at all until things are taken to court and settled?

Fathers rights [ 1 Answers ]

What sort of rights does an absentee father have? I am almost due to give birth and the father of my child has not been around for the last 6 months what sort of rights will he have? Really need help!

I have a baby girl named emma, the mother doesn't want her to have my last name. What rights do I have to get that changed? I pay child support...

Hello, I have a question concerning my stepdaughter. My husband had this child with his ex girlfriend before we were married, and although their relationship was on the rocks and ending for many reasons, he wanted to stay civil with her and be a father to his new daughter. He signed the birth...

Fathers rights PLEASE HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend that is living with his girlfriend he is supporting her, her son from a previous relationship and now their son they have together. He is on the birth certificate and is an active father. He is wanting to take his son to a funeral out of town for a family member, girlfriend is not...

View more questions Search