Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Your favorite shows on television
    What are the best shows on television?

And what are your favorite reality television shows?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:11 PM
    I am a TV junkie. I admit it.

My favorite shows are Lost and Heroes. I have other's I don't miss, but am embarrassed to list them all! :)

Reality shows...

I love Big Brother and those cheesy ones on VH1. Then of course, there is Jon and Kate Plus 8. That one is more amazing than anything they could actually write!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
    I love; House, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU.

Reality show; Survivor
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I am a huge fan of Lost. I think it's the best show on television. It's incredibly well written and well worth watching every episode in order. I LOVE project runway. Nip/tuck is hard for me not to watch when I know it's on, but I refuse to watch the gory parts. I hate to admit it because so many people have to make faces if I say it, but I love a good reality TV show. Some are laugh-till-it-hurts-funny, and some are just fascinating. One of my favorite shows of all time was northern exposure. I appreciate the recommendations for the other shows. I am always looking for something that's worth watching. I buy the dvds or download episodes because most of what's shown back home isn't on italian TV, and I love being able to watch things in their original language. Law & order has filmed many episodes at our family's friend's house! It's also shown here, but (like everything else) it gets dubbed. Keep 'em coming!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Lost, Heroes, Doctor Who (new ones), Top Gear, Mock the Week - would be my top 5

Not a fan of reality they bore me
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
    I usually stick with things where I can actually learn something.

Favorite channels are History, Discovery, Travel, and Spike.

SPIKE?

Yeah, it's the only one that does not expand my knowledge base, unless you count learning how to survive a MMA Cage Match!!
    sophiesophie Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 02:19 PM
    The office (the english one, the american version is just not funny), extras and anything on MTV I pretty much watch.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 02:32 PM
    House, CSI, 24, Dexter, Entourage, Office, Six Feet Under, and Scrubs
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 03:02 PM
    I forgot CSI, love CSI, Miami and Vegas, not New York. :)
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jul 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Lost, 24, CSI Miami & Vegas, Criminal Minds. I'd probably like Heroes but never got into it. Have watched new Battlestar Galactica on DVD and think it's a great series. I like Family Guy, the Simpsons, and a really guilty pleasure: Shin Chan.

As for "reality" shows (whatever that means): No Reservations, Bizarre Foods, Ice Road Truckers, pretty much anything on History or Discovery channels. I also have to confess liking an episode of Cops once in a while.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 10:45 AM
    I really, really don't watch TV much at all... couldn't even tell you what shows are still on what stations these days... but when it is on and I stumble across House I can't turn it off.

I like how hugh laurie plays the main... and how different he seems in interviews and that he thinks his father (a doctor) would be spinning in his grave seeing his son portray such a crass bedside manner.

loved the scene when he got a phone call and his ring tone was "what a man"... I asked my wife immediately if I could do the same thing. =)

I think his smartarse wit reminds me of my wife's sharp and quick humor, tho' she's usually nicer-ish.
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 21, 2008, 01:01 PM
    My favorite teen shows:
    1) Life With Derek
    2) iCarly
    3) Wizards of Waverly Place

My favorite adult shows:
    1) Grey's Anatomy
    2) Family Guy
    3) CSI

My favorite reality shows:
    1) I Love Money
    2) Brooke Knows Best
    3) Rock of Love
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:05 PM
    1.) Family Guy
    2.) CSI Las Vegas (and occasional Miami)
    3.) Spongebob (tee hee hee)

I HATE reality shows because they ARE'NT REALITY!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:15 PM
    I live in my self-proclaimed Amish Paradise and don't have cable. When I want to watch a show, I'll buy it on DVD. Sadly, that puts me a season behind, but I don't mind.

Psych, Gilmore Girls, Dexter (thanks Sneezy), Bones, Office, CSI, NCIS, Angel, and Alias.

As for reality shows, the only one I have seen is Hell's Kitchen. I was out of the country when the whole Survivor thing took off and I didn't get in to it. But Hell's Kitchen is pretty cool! :)
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Lost is definitely the best show on television - but you can't jump pick it up in the middle, too much building of storylines. Get the dvds and watch in order.

I also like Entourage a lot.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Deal or no deal...
    I want to be one of the girls that opens the cases :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 03:36 PM
    This is fun! I like the recommendations... and the stories behind them.

Okay, the adage "t.v. rots your brain" is true, but I can't possibly be expected to be serious all the time. :)

As a genre, film gets all the artistic credit, but I have to admit there are shows on television that have impressed the heck out of me.

I'm going to have to second that vote for No Reservations and add to it A Cook's Tour. Anthony Bourdain is cerebral, ironic, fearless, manly, gruesome, and downright hilarious. I've also enjoyed his books, but Kitchen Confidential wins as my favorite.

Bear grill's Man VS. Wild is also worth catching, although his uber-human nature makes it difficult to believe that if you were lost in the middle of the scorching sahara desert with nothing but a pocket knife the clothes on your back, it might not be as possible to rip the flesh from a rotten zebra with your bare teeth with the same gusto. While that IS as horrible as it sounds, most of the show is dedicated to saving yourself from the most difficult situations in the harshest terrains on the planet. It's terrific. Plus, ladies, bear is awfully easy on the eyes. ;)
    nancybabe Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Okay the best reality shows are usually the worst and trashiest i.e. I love money, tila tequila, I love New York
    But there are a few good reality shows like trading spouses and nanny 911

Out of scripted shows?
    House, reno 911, psych, south park, and it's always sunny in philidelphia are tops
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Jul 22, 2008, 03:42 PM
    I love reality t.v... my fav shows are I love Money, Real World, Road Rules (and all of their challenges.) Surprisingly I've never gotten into Survivor, or any of those win a big sum of money game shows. I also love Top Chef, Hells Kitchen, and Wife Swap
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 06:06 AM
    I respect everyone who loves reality shows but for some reason, I can't stand them!
    They are obviously scripted so what makes a scripted show reality? Do they add the script that the people are going to be filmed taking a sh*t? Or that they will be watched for the full 8 hours that they sleep? Or how about in the shower? There are limited things that the producers are allowed to film hence making their TV shows not reality because reality is, you, me and every one else that has to wake up at 5:00 am, take a shower, work 9 hours, get home, make dinner, feed kids, clean the house, talk/fight with the spouse, go to bed then start all over. The *ACTORS* in the reality shows are making money to act stupid. My idea of entertainment is not watching a bunch of actors fight/complain/whine about their lives and other people.

I am truly sorry if I have offended any reality show lovers. That is how I feel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Your favorite. [ 15 Answers ]

What's your favorite hobby? Personally, I absolutely LOVE to read!

Old Television Series/Shows [ 1 Answers ]

In the mid to late 80's maybe early 90's there was a show called the "Fiery Phoenix", the actor on the show died when he was playing Russian Roulette and the gun went off. His skulled was cracked and he died. My question is: Do you know the name of the actor that died? And Do you know where I...

Coffee. What is your favorite? [ 3 Answers ]

What is your favorite brand? And how do you like to cook coffee? Mine is Javaberry which is so smooth and aromatic! I don't know better taste... And I like to cook Turkish coffee. In an ibrik.

Your Top 10 Comedy Television Shows [ 29 Answers ]

Name some of your top ten fav.comedy television shows. Mine are: 1. Everybody loves Raymond 2. All in the family 3. Malcolm in the middle 4. Gomer Pyle 5. Becker 6. Gilligans island 7. My name is Earl 8. Andy Griffith show

View more questions Search