Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nav Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2008, 04:58 PM
    HDMI cables
    I was wondering if anybody can help me with a couple of questions please,
    I've just brought a philips aquos 32" hd tv/monitor which I'm using for my desktop but the highest resolution on it is 1360x768 which makes everything huge on the desktop, I was wondering if hdmi cables increase the resolution/pixels
    its got 2 ports for hdmi and I wanted to use them both.
    the secound question is does one end of the hdmi cable plug into the usb port of the computer,
    thank you:)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:06 PM
    If your Computer doesn't have HDMI, You will need to use the DB Connector most likely.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 04:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nav
    ...my desktop...the highest resolution on it is 1360x768
    Upgrading the computer's video adapter to a model commensurate with your TV's capabilities will allow higher resolutions and possibly native HDMI connectivity.
    ...i was wondering if hdmi cables increase the resolution/pixels...
    Nope, standard cables transmit signal, nothing more.
    ...does one end of the hdmi cable plug into the usb port of the computer...
    No, do not do this.

Without a video adapter upgrade, depending on the connections your TV and current computer have, the most likely scenario is using the computer's HD15 D shaped video connector as suggested above with a HD15-to-Composite breakout cable and connecting to composite ports on the TV. The computer could also have a DVI connector and a DVI-to-HMDI adapter be used. These adapter cables can probably be found locally at an electronics store or by Googling online for a vendor (such as CablesToGo.com).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hdmi hookup from TV to direct TV satellite receiver? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... I'm confused. I just puchased a Samsung 32" lcd hd TV. It comes with 2 hdmi outputs. I also purchased a Samsung upconvert dvd player, which comes with an hdmi input... so I've connected the dvd to the TV without a problem. That leaves me with one more hdmi output on the TV... so I thought I...

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

Connecting TV,receiver,dvd,direct TV with hdmi [ 2 Answers ]

How do I connect my TV,receiver,dvd, direct TV with hdmi cables. Step by Step Please.

HDMI vs Component [ 7 Answers ]

I just got my first HDTV. It's a small 19" for my office area. I upgrade to an HD cable box and connected it using an HDMI cable. The picture on the HD channels is visibly, but not significantly better than the non HD equivalent. Should I try hooking up component and see if that's better?

View more questions Search