Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debra637 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 02:11 PM
    1/3 home owner family estate. Can I borrow with home as colatural?
    My brothers and I each own 1/3 of estate property that we want to sale in the near future. Is it possible I could get a loan based on my 1/3 of the estate? With consent of brothers, and how would they be effected?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. The estate property stands good for the debts of all owners. It is unlikely that you could get a mortgage using this property as collateral without the other owners signing onto it as well; that would serve as their consent. The brothers may have to sign a promissory note as well. Are your brothers married?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Am I part owner of my home [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my husband and I refinance our home. I could'nt get off work in time most days So he applied for the loan in his name only. My name is on the deed/title but the loan is in his name. Am I part owner of my home. In the past my name was always on the loan. Tylnn

Moble home repo on private property, not owned by moble home owner [ 3 Answers ]

I am the land owner of some property in Georgia, I let my Sister place her mobile home on this private property. The question is, does the repo company have the right to come on my property and destroy my trees, bust water lines, run over my shrubs etc, be rude and over barring without contacting...

Home owner [ 2 Answers ]

On a forced air heater, the blower fan does not stop running, after heat has turned off. What would cause this?

Want to be a home owner [ 4 Answers ]

Please I need an expert to answer this question.Me and my husband have a house together, but we are not getting along right now, I want to leave and separate from him, and get on my own, can I request that he take my name off the house or can he even do that? Because I want to buy a house of my...

View more questions Search