Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colombianinta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Afraid of pregnancy
    I don't have a regular menstruation cycle I get it sometimes to a month or I skip months and am afraid of having sex because I might have a higher chance of getting pregnant?? Is that possible? :confused:
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2008, 10:41 AM
    I think you can get pregnant at any time, just use proper birth control.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colombianinta
    i dont have a regular menstruation cycle i get it sometimes 2 a month or i skip months and am afraid of having sex because i might have a higher chance of getting pregnant???? is that possible??:confused:

You don't really have a higher chance than normal, in fact you may have less of a chance. The tricky part is that it becomes more difficult to determine when you are most likely to ovulate with irregular cycles so you can't really determine what time may increase the odds of pregnancy and what time may decrease the odds. As love to abby said, use protection every time and you don't have to worry anymore than anyone else would.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
    I agree with Doula here in part. Just because you do not have a period every month does not mean you are not ovulating (anovulatory). Some women still ovulate however not enough endometrial tissue has built up to be shed during a normal menstrual cycle. I have been amenorrheic all of my life pracitcally (no periods), however I have 4 beautiful children.

If you are not ready to be a parent, please use proper birth control or abstain from sex (if you can) until parenthood is something you desire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's afraid of everything [ 3 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy for about 6 months now. He's 30 and I'm 19. At first we got together because my ex kicked me out and He let me stay at his place for about a month. I got an apartment and he now lives with me. We got really close and became a couple. We had sex a few times a week and for...

Afraid to have sex [ 5 Answers ]

I was raped about two years ago, I was 20 and a virgin then, and I haven't slept with anyone since. Met a guy I really really like a few weeks ago. He knows about the rape, but haven't told him that I'm afraid to 'you know'. I feel ready, I really do. But I still remember the terrible pain from...

Too Afraid [ 1 Answers ]

I'm afraid of a lot of things that envolve people or being seen. I mean like deadly afraid and too afraid to even tell anyone. Im afraid of so much stuff . Itd rediculus. I don't know how other people aren't this way. I'm afraid to even tuen my work in at school. Or talk, look nice, everything....

I'm afraid of my son! [ 4 Answers ]

My son is 22 yrs old and mentally disturbed. I have taken him to the local MHMR but they only prescribe anti-depressant and anti-psychotic drugs. No counseling or coping skills. He can not hold down a job and cannot seem to take care of himself. I don't know what to do with him. I am afraid he...

Why am I so afraid? [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I visited a site where a large historic ship was docked. I have been on ships several times, for cruises, and never had any issues,however just looking at this one ship frightened me to the point I could not look at it. Today, I was walking my dog, and a large CAT...

View more questions Search